Mago and Cust?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Mago and Cust?

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

He may not have a passport? If so, that suggests that we have been incompetent - it is attention to detail which sets apart good organisations.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:42 pm He may not have a passport? If so, that suggests that we have been incompetent - it is attention to detail which sets apart good organisations.
how have we?
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

They will be here for the “Thursday under lights” event the club are doing according to the club website.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/11/ ... he-lights/
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

pedro wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:20 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:42 pm He may not have a passport? If so, that suggests that we have been incompetent - it is attention to detail which sets apart good organisations.
how have we?
I think the suggestion is that we should have asked him if he had a passport when we signed him and getting one arranged? However, that assumes that there is an actual issue and we didn't do that. We could easily have done that and it be a red-tape issue. There's lots of that going around at the moment.

I assume we did a competitent job, realised travel and visas were required and put in process everything we needed to. If there's a delay, its probably out of the clubs hands.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:13 pm I was surprised that the other thread was blocked. It seemed odd to me that suggesting people ask doctors about medical matters was considered controversial. I certainly hope the club will use doctors to help injured players recover. As to when they arrive, I have no insider knowledge, but the sooner the better of course, given their vital importance to the club. That said, I remember Ian Roberts playing straight off the plane, and he turned out to be a good ‘un.
I locked it! Because it went completely OFF TOPIC!

The TOPIC was about Cust & Mago & NOT the pandemic!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

how have we?
I'd have thought all NRL players would have a passport for travel into/out of NZ for Warriors games?
Appreciate that travel would have been restricted for Covid and maybe some would have forgotten to renew.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Mike wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:12 pm
how have we?
I think the suggestion is that we should have asked him if he had a passport when we signed him and getting one arranged? However, that assumes that there is an actual issue and we didn't do that. We could easily have done that and it be a red-tape issue. There's lots of that going around at the moment.

I assume we did a competitent job, realised travel and visas were required and put in process everything we needed to. If there's a delay, its probably out of the clubs hands.
yeah, its not our responsibility to make sure they do things for themselves, he is solely responsible
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

pedro wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:49 pm

how have we?

yeah, its not our responsibility to make sure they do things for themselves, he is solely responsible
I imagine we are involved in the visa process, which would require the passport. Plus its in our interest to support people through an immigration process they may not be familiar with. So I imagine we would be involved right from the start, not just the player.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

how have we?

When Wigan realised that he didn't have the required documentation they applied for the passport and visa on behalf of Mago. He was booked on the same flight as Ellis!
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

That sounds all in order then. Looking forward to seeing him in action. It has been a long time since we had a dominant prop.