Mago and Cust?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
southportcdm

Mago and Cust?

Post by southportcdm »

As my last question on this topic was hijacked by a pro/con vaccine argument and has sensibly been locked can someone please answer the original question? - when do Mago and Cust actually get to the U.K. If you don't know please don't speculate.
First Try Tickle

Re: Mago and Cust?

Post by First Try Tickle »

I don't think anyone knows with the current situation and the new variant.

We could be back in lockdown by Christmas if it takes off again.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

It may be the same date as our international players return 6th December. I don’t know for sure though🙁
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I've just checked and vaccinated people are still free to leave Australia so covid shouldn't be a problem unless things change again. Does the club book the flights or is it left up to the players? If it's the club, somebody should know when they're due to arrive. Obviously things may be complicated by the ability/willingness of family members to travel too but you'd hope the players would be keen to get here asap.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

The club, or MEN, reported 2 weeks ago that Mago would be arriving two weeks later than Ellis due to his involvement in the playoffs in the NRL.

That 2 weeks would mean he is arriving this week…

There are rumours about him not having a passport. That’s either false because of the above or the club released the above as a cover up. Who knows.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

southportcdm wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:37 pm I've just checked and vaccinated people are still free to leave Australia so covid shouldn't be a problem unless things change again. Does the club book the flights or is it left up to the players? If it's the club, somebody should know when they're due to arrive. Obviously things may be complicated by the ability/willingness of family members to travel too but you'd hope the players would be keen to get here asap.
i've just been listening to talk sport and there are different rules in each state in Oz allowing movement or not within Oz. The conversation was about the 5th ashes test in Perth being cancelled as the governor (or whatever they call them) has just locked down preventing any movement in / out (14 day quarantine in place)

That doesnt prevent people travelling in / out of Oz, but it will therefore depend on availability of flights out of the relevant state to England.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:38 pm The club, or MEN, reported 2 weeks ago that Mago would be arriving two weeks later than Ellis due to his involvement in the playoffs in the NRL.

There are rumours about him not having a passport. That’s either false because of the above or the club released the above as a cover up. Who knows.
Think the club said he hadn’t got a visa!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I was surprised that the other thread was blocked. It seemed odd to me that suggesting people ask doctors about medical matters was considered controversial. I certainly hope the club will use doctors to help injured players recover. As to when they arrive, I have no insider knowledge, but the sooner the better of course, given their vital importance to the club. That said, I remember Ian Roberts playing straight off the plane, and he turned out to be a good ‘un.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:17 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:38 pm The club, or MEN, reported 2 weeks ago that Mago would be arriving two weeks later than Ellis due to his involvement in the playoffs in the NRL.

He can’t get one until he has a passport.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:17 pm

Don’t think it was the club.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."