Mago and Cust?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Mago and Cust?

Post by pedro »

Mike wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:52 pm
pedro wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:49 pm
Mike wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:12 pm

I think the suggestion is that we should have asked him if he had a passport when we signed him and getting one arranged? However, that assumes that there is an actual issue and we didn't do that. We could easily have done that and it be a red-tape issue. There's lots of that going around at the moment.

I assume we did a competitent job, realised travel and visas were required and put in process everything we needed to. If there's a delay, its probably out of the clubs hands.
yeah, its not our responsibility to make sure they do things for themselves, he is solely responsible
I imagine we are involved in the visa process, which would require the passport. Plus its in our interest to support people through an immigration process they may not be familiar with. So I imagine we would be involved right from the start, not just the player.
We signed him months ago to not have it in place by now as the player is crazy, is he just self entitled or just thick? Ellis is here and I imagine we would have done the same things for the plyers, one is here and the other isnt, so doubt its the clubs fault in any way
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

Totally agree with Pedro its crazy Mago isnt here yet.

A quick look around the other teams twitter accounts and all their overseas players are here and training.
Lets hope its a minor hiccup in the start to his Wigan Career
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

I thought he was delayed because he was involved with the Bunnies tight up to the grand final.
has anyone else signed anyone who was involved in the GF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

I'd have thought all NRL players would have a passport for travel into/out of NZ for Warriors games?
Appreciate that travel would have been restricted for Covid and maybe some would have forgotten to renew.
[/quote]

I thought all the NRL games were played in one State in Aus due to travel restriction and all players were based in the one State so there would be no need for a passport, or was that last year?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

WarriorWinger wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:21 am I'd have thought all NRL players would have a passport for travel into/out of NZ for Warriors games?
Appreciate that travel would have been restricted for Covid and maybe some would have forgotten to renew.
I thought all the NRL games were played in one State in Aus due to travel restriction and all players were based in the one State so there would be no need for a passport, or was that last year?
[/quote]

That's just for Covid
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Don’t you know your not allowed to ask these questions seems like every other teams recruitments get here quicker than ours?????
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

sheepsteeth wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:29 am I thought he was delayed because he was involved with the Bunnies tight up to the grand final.
has anyone else signed anyone who was involved in the GF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not true.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

He was 18th man for their grand final that was nearly 3 months ago.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Watched an interview with Sam Powell earlier and it was mentioned that the England lads are back in training next week. A comment was added by the guy doing the interview that ‘hopefully’ the other Australian guys will be here for that as well.

It sounds like they’re still not 100%. I get that with Cust but Mago’s non appearance so far is frustrating, especially when I believe he looks like he could do with a good pre season.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

WarriorWinger wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:21 am I'd have thought all NRL players would have a passport for travel into/out of NZ for Warriors games?
[/quote]

Yeh, I'm not too sure but NRL 2020 had started before lockdowns and I would expect all players to have had a passport at that time and likely they would be 10 year or the like. I'm not sure what happened 2021 to Warriors games, IIRC it changed from being no restrictions where games were played to everything moving to Queensland at the end.