French update to fans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

French update to fans

Post by nathan_rugby »

On Wigan warriors Instagram. (Unsure where else they have posted).

[Thanked everyone for their patience

Agreed it isn’t an ideal situation
Can’t wait to be back in front of the crowd

Looking forward to creating memories & winning silverware

Looking forward to playing rugby again and with the new guys

Said he will be back hopefully in the not doing distant future

Let’s all put the rumours to bed on this one and respect the situation. In Wanes interview the other week I think he said “Bevan will be back when the unfortunate does happen”. That means they’re waiting until his Mum dies & it’s close
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
josie andrews

Re: French update to fans

Post by josie andrews »

A video message from Bevan French
on Twitter

https://twitter.com/WiganWarriorsRL/sta ... 70688?s=20
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:31 pm A video message from Bevan French
on Twitter

Poor lad. There is not many worst feelings than losing your Mum.😪
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

PF Warrior wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:17 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:31 pm A video message from Bevan French
on Twitter

Poor lad. There is not many worst feelings than losing your Mum.😪
I can’t think of any mate. It must have been extremely difficult for Bevan to post that message and, in my view, unnecessary. If people cannot understand the hurt that he is currently experiencing then they are heartless. Yes, I want to see Bevan back at Wigan but only when he feels the time is right. Rugby may be a religion to some but family is far more important. Best wishes to all the French family.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I lost my cousin in Oz last week from MND she was 52 she’d only had it for 18 months!

Bevan’s mum is only in her 40’s

It’s a very sad situation if you knew all the details 😢
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Very sad. Hope it goes as well as it can for him.

Good (and the right thing to do) of the club to stick by him imo.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Bevan French sends emotional message to Wigan Warriors supporters as he clarifies future

French has broken his silence as he confirmed his status.

Bevan French has reached out to Wigan Warriors to confirm he is returning to the club - though he currently remains in Australia.

The star fullback hasn't been in the UK for months after missing a bulk of last season through injury.

Personal reasons have seen him spend an extended period of time at home, which is why he is yet to report back to the club for pre-season training.

It has played a part in his future at the club being brought into question. However, a video posted on the Warriors' Instagram page saw French address the Wigan fans and explain the current situation.
“ I just wanted to send a quick video message to all the supporters and everyone involved within the club to say thank you for your understanding, your patience and support during this time," he said.

"It's definitely not the ideal circumstance I'm in at the moment. From the get-go, you guys have been very supportive and I can't thank you guys enough for that.

“ It feels like an eternity since I played a game of rugby league, so I really can't wait to get back out there and do that, and wear that jersey with pride and do it in front of a home crowd and hopefully bring more success to a rich club.

“ I'm really looking forward to making memories in the near future with everyone that's involved in the club, all the new guys I've not met yet and hopefully bring more silverware to the club.

“I really miss playing in front of our home crowd, it's something I really miss and I can't wait to get back over there and look forward to that in the near future.

"Hopefully that isn't too long and I'll see you guys soon."
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... e-22413143
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Bevan French latest following fresh speculation over the future of Wigan star

It has been suggested French could yet remain in Australia in 2022

Wigan Warriors remain confident that Bevan French will return to the club in 2022 despite reports in Australia suggesting he could remain Down Under to be with his family.

French is currently back home, spending time with his family after his mother fell ill.

That has led to speculation that he could yet decide to remain in Australia if matters do not improve, with a number of NRL clubs - including former side Parramatta Eels - interested if the situation develops.

However, Rugby League Live has been told that the Warriors remain adamant French will be in a Wigan shirt once again in 2022, and the club are prepared to support him as much as possible throughout what is a difficult period for the player and his family.

They have put no timescale on French's return, and have not been informed by the player he is potentially seeking a release to remain in Australia. French has been in constant dialogue with the Warriors' coaching staff to ensure he is as up-to-date with pre-season training possible, with French working on his own personalised programme Down Under.

Last week, the club released a video with French where he reaffirmed his commitment to the Warriors. He said: “I just wanted to send a quick video message to all the supporters and everyone involved within the club just to say thank you for your understanding, your patience and support during this time.”

It’s definitely not the ideal circumstances that I’m in at the moment but from the get-go you guys have been very supportive, I can’t thank you guys enough for that. It feels like an eternity since I played a game of Rugby League so I really can’t wait to get back out there and do that and wear jersey with pride and do it in front of a home crowd.”

The latest reports appear to have thrown fresh doubt on French's future, but the Warriors are confident internally that the situation has not changed and he will return to Wigan at some stage ahead of the new Super League season.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... n-22467621
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I feel like French is genuine in his message about wanting to return but caveat that with the longer he is away the harder that return will become
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Sometimes you wonder if it’s just newspaper tittle tattle cos they’ve nothing to write about!

I think he will come back 😊