French update to fans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: French update to fans

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:00 pm Sometimes you wonder if it’s just newspaper tittle tattle cos they’ve nothing to write about!

I think he will come back 😊
So do I, he is a genuine guy and I believe that he feels that he owes the club and supporters a debt. Whether it is this season or next it matters not, his mum is more important.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:41 pm
josie andrews wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:00 pm Sometimes you wonder if it’s just newspaper tittle tattle cos they’ve nothing to write about!

So do I, he is a genuine guy and I believe that he feels that he owes the club and supporters a debt. Whether it is this season or next it matters not, his mum is more important.
Exactly this 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Josies right…… the press love to try and rock the mighty wigans boat
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Superb Chops

Post by Superb Chops »

Here’s how the Aussie press report Bevan French returning to Wigan this season before a subsequent return to the NRL, as seen in the latter half of the item.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... d92d77aec0
jobo

Post by jobo »

Superb Chops wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:54 am Here’s how the Aussie press report Bevan French returning to Wigan this season before a subsequent return to the NRL, as seen in the latter half of the item.

Commited to fulfilling the final year in his contract plus, Laurie Daley says Super League suits him down to the ground.

All sounds good to me.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

jobo wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:46 pm
Superb Chops wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:54 am Here’s how the Aussie press report Bevan French returning to Wigan this season before a subsequent return to the NRL, as seen in the latter half of the item.

Commited to fulfilling the final year in his contract plus, Laurie Daley says Super League suits him down to the ground.

All sounds good to me.
Is that Laurie Daley bad mouthing him?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:41 pm

It's getting to rhe Point t for me that the club has to say take this year and hopefully get your problems out I do have every sympathy with his issues,they are bigger than any job but the nettle has to be grasped at some point
pedro

Post by pedro »

rather release him than stand him down for a year, hes had 12 months away already and will probably not play for the first few months as it is, we should have replaced him when we had the chance last year unfortunately
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

pedro wrote:rather release him than stand him down for a year, hes had 12 months away already and will probably not play for the first few months as it is, we should have replaced him when we had the chance last year unfortunately
Tend to agree. If he wants to return to the NRL in 2023 unless Wigan are confident of getting a full year out of him next season he’s just taking up a quota spot and salary cap space while he’s not here. He obviously can’t be expected to come back given the personal circumstances but the problem is those circumstances don’t look like changing any time soon. That being the case I am starting to doubt we will see him again. Not because he doesn’t want to be here but just because it’s not possible for him to come.

If personal circumstances keep meaning he can’t come the club will need to make a decision at some point soon if they can still have him on the books as a player. If he said he was open to a new deal after 2022 that would be different but if he wants to go back to the NRL I am not sure why Wigan would not release him if he’s not going to be here until half way through the season (for example).
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

He's Genuine in his messages that he wants to repay the fans, but like I've said countless times there is a real chance he does not return, If he secures a 2023 deal in the next couple of weeks I fully expect him to stay In Australia and not to return at all, obviously that needs some sort of deal to be agreed with Wigan, but to me as well there seems no point bringing him over for the 2022 season when he'll probably only play for two thirds of the season anyway.

Pedro is pretty much spot on, its just how we come to an agreement on the release that will be the tricky part.