Mago: I’m settling in

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Mago: I’m settling in

Post by josie andrews »

Patrick Mago discusses life at Wigan so far in his first interview with the Club.

Mago: “I’ll be going out there trying to run as hard as i can and play as hard as i can.”

Watch the full interview exclusively on Wigan TV HERE.

New recruit Patrick Mago discusses life in Wigan following his first full week of pre-season.

“Yeah so good so far, I’m enjoying it and I guess the boys are making it easy for me with the transition over here, but loving it. It’s just the weather really, it’s a bit cold here!”

Mago signed for the Warriors back in July and has been eager to head over to the UK: “I signed the contract a long time ago, but I’ve been looking forward to coming over here. I knew that I would be coming here for one thing and the main thing for me is to try and win a comp here, hopefully I can make my mum and dad proud too.”

The Samoan has now completed a full week of pre-season under his new Head Coach: “Matty is a good bloke, since I’ve come in and even before he was calling up and checking on me. I can tell we are going to have a good year this year, the boys love Matt and I like him too, he’s a good bloke and I can’t wait to play for him.”

Last week saw the Warriors host an open training session with a chance to meet the players and watch them train, something Mago relished: “I enjoyed my experience, you can tell the fans here are passionate. It was good to meet everybody that came along and get amongst it. I’m looking forward to running out in front of everyone and playing our game, hopefully we’ll come up with something at the end of the year.”

Following his arrival in the UK, Mago was required to isolate for two days: “Everyone was checking in whilst I was isolating, you could just tell that they were trying to make me feel at home. Me being here on my own is kind of hard but they’ve checked on me and made me feel a lot more comfortable,” though the forward admits he’s been getting some help with his culinary skills: “I’m getting some cooking lessons of Stew our Club chef, I can’t wait for more lessons. I’ve learnt how to make spaghetti bolognese, I can cook a good scrambled egg myself.”

On pre-season so far, he said: “It’s good, it’s been pretty hard for me the last couple of days but I’m settling in and the boys are always telling me to take it day by day. For me the more ball we can get in hand it makes it more enjoyable for all of us but we’ve got to put in the hard work.

“I was training with a couple of the younger boys and you can tell how fit and energetic they are. Training alongside them I’m letting them do what they do and I’m just learning off them as well. Loving the team so far, it’s good to be in amongst all the boys.”

He added: “The main aim is to get to the grand final and win it but I just want to play consistently and play good footy week in, week out.”

Make it Wigan in 2022. Supporting Wigan is about more than just going to a game. It’s about something bigger, something special. It’s about playing our own individual role in helping the Club succeed. Buy your season ticket today, the early bird deadline runs until December 31st – Click HERE for all the details.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/12/ ... ttling-in/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
HDS

Re: Mago: I’m settling in

Post by HDS »

We wont be upset if we win the Challenge Cup before the Grand Final Patrick!!!

Looking forward to seeing you play in Cherry and White, hopefully you will give us some of the go forward
we have been missing the last few seasons.