Liam Farrell

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dan2266

Liam Farrell

Post by Dan2266 »

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/12/ ... or-places/

Read the third bullet point...

"See the full interview with the half back on Wigan TV HERE."

We evidently don't have anyone who checks the posts/articles before they are made live, was only a few weeks ago they spelt "Shaun Wane" wrong :roll:

Its embarrassing.
Southern Softy

Re: Liam Farrell

Post by Southern Softy »

Don't worry - it was just Adrian Lam's big idea to change things for the new season.
endoman

Post by endoman »

Then this in the body of the article... Hardaker???

"The Warriors are almost back to full capacity with Cade Cust arriving on Wednesday 15th December, with just Bevan French to return to training"
Last edited by endoman on Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Also;
The forward was full of praise for the new Coaching staff: “He’s (Matt Pett) put a big emphasis on the culture around the squad,
I’m always telling them to proof read what they have typed before publishing an article it’s a professional club made to look amateurish.

Sometimes I think they just cut & paste snippets from other articles 🙁

Bloody hell, even Rads sent me a portion of his book to check through it before publishing!

Plus the official site is always behind social media for news & updates. The main site hasn’t been updated since this article was published on 18th December!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

The club really need to get on the case with this.
PoppaG

Post by PoppaG »

If only it was only related to us! The number of news reports, etc that I read with basic grammatical errors is ridiculous. At our place we issue reports and they ALL get QA'd before issue to the end customer. This is ALWAYS done by someone other than the author as you're unlikely to see your own errors. Its fairly simple. As mentioned above, just makes what should be a professional set up seen amateurish.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

PoppaG wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:53 am If only it was only related to us! The number of news reports, etc that I read with basic grammatical errors is ridiculous. At our place we issue reports and they ALL get QA'd before issue to the end customer. This is ALWAYS done by someone other than the author as you're unlikely to see your own errors. Its fairly simple. As mentioned above, just makes what should be a professional set up seen amateurish.
Accountants learn early that if you are adding up a long column of numbers (obviously I was doing this before XL came along) 😂 you add it from top to bottom the first time and the second time you add it from bottom to top, that shows any errors.
How many readers know the accountants other trick, if the difference between the two results is divisible by 9 that means you have reversed two numbers somewhere. Try it 27 becomes 72. Difference 45. 84 and 48, difference 36. Magic, sadly I am also old enough to know that in pre-decimal days the difference was divisible by 11!
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

ian.birchall wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:33 pm
PoppaG wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:53 am If only it was only related to us! The number of news reports, etc that I read with basic grammatical errors is ridiculous. At our place we issue reports and they ALL get QA'd before issue to the end customer. This is ALWAYS done by someone other than the author as you're unlikely to see your own errors. Its fairly simple. As mentioned above, just makes what should be a professional set up seen amateurish.
Accountants learn early that if you are adding up a long column of numbers (obviously I was doing this before XL came along) 😂 you add it from top to bottom the first time and the second time you add it from bottom to top, that shows any errors.
How many readers know the accountants other trick, if the difference between the two results is divisible by 9 that means you have reversed two numbers somewhere. Try it 27 becomes 72. Difference 45. 84 and 48, difference 36. Magic, sadly I am also old enough to know that in pre-decimal days the difference was divisible by 11!
Ian, I worked in a dyehouse lab in the late 60s. We had a 20 ton delivery of bales of wool every week. Our fork truck driver brought me a list of the weights of each bale and I had to add up the total.

The columns were: T, Cwt, Qr, and Lb. (Tons, Hundredweight, Quarters and Pounds.)

As Monty Python's 4 Yorkshiremen would say: "Try tellin' the young uns today...."
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Welski

Post by Welski »

moto748 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:18 am The club really need to get on the case with this.
Still no photos of the new recruits on the squad pages.
Just massive black silhouettes which look ridiculous.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League