Centres

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Centres

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Some misses are structural, rather than because of individual errors. When he played for us before, I thought he was good and under rated. I don’t recall being worried about his defence. He played very well in the Wembley win. I would rather have him in the centres than Farrell or Bateman, and he seems to play far more games than Gildart could be bothered with.

He is one less thing to worry about rather than something to get excited about as far as I am concerned.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:57 am Some misses are structural, rather than because of individual errors. When he played for us before, I thought he was good and under rated. I don’t recall being worried about his defence. He played very well in the Wembley win. I would rather have him in the centres than Farrell or Bateman, and he seems to play far more games than Gildart could be bothered with.

He is one less thing to worry about rather than something to get excited about as far as I am concerned.
I share this view. he chose to go to leigh so he could be part time and train for his future outside rugby, he will sadly be tarnished as not SL standard due to this.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:07 pm
pedro wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:01 pmboth
Ones on the inside aren’t his fault.

Rule number 1 - you defend your outside shoulder.

If someone’s coming on his inside then the question needs to be asked to who was next to him.

Seems you’ve made a decision about Thornleys defence without a good understanding of defence.
You don’t half talk some shite .
Merry Christmas
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

up the junction wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:38 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:07 pm
pedro wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:01 pmboth
Ones on the inside aren’t his fault.

Rule number 1 - you defend your outside shoulder.

If someone’s coming on his inside then the question needs to be asked to who was next to him.

Seems you’ve made a decision about Thornleys defence without a good understanding of defence.
You don’t half talk some shite .
Merry Christmas
What exactly do you disagree with?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."