A Christmas Wish

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

A Christmas Wish

Post by Charriots Offiah »

For the return of the Boxing Day fixture against the Saints. What great memories 😀
jobo

Re: A Christmas Wish

Post by jobo »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:06 am For the return of the Boxing Day fixture against the Saints. What great memories 😀
You aren't wrong there. Boxing Day has never been the same since.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Here here
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I'd never want to go back to winter rugby, but the Boxing Day games were obviously brilliant.
Charriots Offiah

moto748 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:59 am I'd never want to go back to winter rugby, but the Boxing Day games were obviously brilliant.
We have Winter rugby now, but no Boxing Day game :D
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Saw a bit of the Leeds v Wakey game and it looked a decent crowd. Surprised Saints don’t try to organise a game, sure it would generate some cash. Remember they did try it but playing kids and it didn’t work.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:30 am
moto748 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:59 am I'd never want to go back to winter rugby, but the Boxing Day games were obviously brilliant.
I don't disagree. If it was up to me, I'd lose some of the 'loop' fixtures and start the season later, say around the same time as the NRL. it's kinda the worst of all worlds to boast about our fast, exciting summer sport, and then play some key fixtures in February, typically the worst month of the year for weather.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:21 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:30 am
I don't disagree. If it was up to me, I'd lose some of the 'loop' fixtures and start the season later, say around the same time as the NRL. it's kinda the worst of all worlds to boast about our fast, exciting summer sport, and then play some key fixtures in February, typically the worst month of the year for weather.
First game of SL was played on 27th March 1996

It has started getting earlier ever since! They’ve made a right mockery of the term “Summer Rugby” & its all to do with the loop fixtures & Magic!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

First Try Tickle wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:01 pm Saw a bit of the Leeds v Wakey game and it looked a decent crowd. Surprised Saints don’t try to organise a game, sure it would generate some cash. Remember they did try it but playing kids and it didn’t work.
I prefer the real thing.