French

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Nezza Faz

Re: French

Post by Nezza Faz »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:18 pm I think we all feel a bit touchy on the subject of Tomkins,clearly the battered state he rocked up from his time in the NRL adding to some daft nonsense with his foot I felt aided the club into not offering him a deal that would have seen his time out at Wigan and I’ll say the same thing as I said at the time from a business perspective it made sense perhaps to either wait or not throw more money at him than had already had been as his return had to that point been underwhelming at best at worst shocking.

But sports like that he suddenly found that form and off he went,that Catalan got him before the due date is meaningless if Wigan had wanted him to stay and give him the deal he wanted would surely have been concluded way before big Bernard arrived with le chequebook.

Truth is it was a total balls up from Wigan not to keep him and one that every time you see him play and organise Catalan that really sticks in the throat,there is a business side to sport but sometimes sport transcend that.
But Fozzie, he had got over the injury from the NRL and was improving with us all of the time. As the saying goes, Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent and he's gone on to prove that. So much so he'll probably be England's captain for the World Cup.
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

Club have just posted a statement regarding the passing of his mum, so sad for the lad and my condolences to him and his family
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

WarriorWinger wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:38 am Club have just posted a statement regarding the passing of his mum, so sad for the lad and my condolences to him and his family
Agree, very sad. However I have no doubt the usual whingers and moaners will be on here in a week or so if he has not arrived back in Wigan.
PorterjohLam

Post by PorterjohLam »

Condolences to Bevan. Hopefully gives some perspective to some people on this thread.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Thoughts are with Bevan, the club have and are handling the situation very well IMO.

People on here are too quick to forget the human element when it comes to sport.

Could you imagine being cut off from your employer in your time of need, knowing you need to be with your mum and your not getting a penny compared with complete support from your employer and not having to worry about where your next pay cheque is coming from whilst you spend the time needed with your mum.

Well done Wigan, family is more important than a game/sport which will continue in your absence.
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

Well said wes 🤙🏼
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Nezza Faz wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:09 am
fozzieskem wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:18 pm I think we all feel a bit touchy on the subject of Tomkins,clearly the battered state he rocked up from his time in the NRL adding to some daft nonsense with his foot I felt aided the club into not offering him a deal that would have seen his time out at Wigan and I’ll say the same thing as I said at the time from a business perspective it made sense perhaps to either wait or not throw more money at him than had already had been as his return had to that point been underwhelming at best at worst shocking.

But sports like that he suddenly found that form and off he went,that Catalan got him before the due date is meaningless if Wigan had wanted him to stay and give him the deal he wanted would surely have been concluded way before big Bernard arrived with le chequebook.

Truth is it was a total balls up from Wigan not to keep him and one that every time you see him play and organise Catalan that really sticks in the throat,there is a business side to sport but sometimes sport transcend that.
But Fozzie, he had got over the injury from the NRL and was improving with us all of the time. As the saying goes, Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent and he's gone on to prove that. So much so he'll probably be England's captain for the World Cup.
As I recall he came back crocked came back busted his foot it seemed he wasn't going to get back to where he once was,in fact I'll go on say he better now than before a far more rounded player to me at least but those first couple of seasons back he simply didnt show that kind of form on his return.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Perhaps now with the sad news for Bevan this morning people will shut up and give the lad the space he's going to need now
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

My thoughts and prayers go out to him. It is a tragic loss.
As for the attacks on fellow supporters for considering the club’s position, it is frankly disgusting that people can conflate a position about the club with a disregard for human life.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

No straw damn us wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:54 am
WarriorWinger wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:38 am Club have just posted a statement regarding the passing of his mum, so sad for the lad and my condolences to him and his family
Agree, very sad. However I have no doubt the usual whingers and moaners will be on here in a week or so if he has not arrived back in Wigan.
A week?

You're being generous