Statement- Bevan French

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Statement- Bevan French

Post by josie andrews »

Today, Wigan Warriors send their deepest condolences to Bevan French following the passing of his mother.

After suffering a season-ending hamstring injury last year, French returned home to Australia in June to undergo his rehabilitation whilst looking after his mum, who was battling a long illness.

French has spent an extended period of time at home and in a heartfelt tribute on Monday, he posted the following on his Instagram page:

“For forever and more. Words can’t describe the gratitude I have for your sacrifice. Love you Ma. Until we meet again. R.I.P.”

Executive Director, Kris Radlinski, said: “Some things in life are bigger than rugby. All our thoughts and prayers are with Bevan and his family at this time. His Wigan family will be waiting with open arms for his return, to care and protect him.”

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/01/ ... an-french/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Statement- Bevan French

Post by josie andrews »

So very sad news for Bevan & his family.

Sending Sincere Condolences. RIP 😢💔🥀
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:08 am So very sad news for Bevan & his family.

Sending Sincere Condolences. RIP 😢💔🥀
+1
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Please include us all in your message Josie.
I lost my mother after she was in a coma in Wrightington and even though the outcome was expected, it's still the worst day of your life.
Deepest condolences to Bevan and family.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Sorry to here this sad news, condolences to Bevan and family
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

Terrible news, even though it was expected he and the rest of his family will be devastated.Condolences to all concerned.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

bill.inger wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:11 pm Please include us all in your message Josie.
I lost my mother after she was in a coma in Wrightington and even though the outcome was expected, it's still the worst day of your life.
Deepest condolences to Bevan and family.
I have sent him a message & stated it’s from this website, hopefully it will give him a little support at this sad time.

I lost my cousin in Australia to MND & to see her deteriorate from a funny loving person was heartbreaking. She was exactly like you see Rob Burrow, losing not only the use of your limbs but the power to speak. She had a wicked sense of humour right to the end. I will miss her so very much.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Bevan French update as Matt Peet provides latest on Wigan Warriors star

The livewire is still in Australia following the passing of his mother.

Wigan Warriors are set to talk with Bevan French next week about his return to the club.

The fullback is currently in Australia and mourning the passing of his mother, who sadly died earlier this week.

French has remained in his homeland to care for his mother and Wigan had previously put no timeframe on his return to the club to give him the time he needed with family.

He is likely to miss the opening rounds of the season as a result, but head coach Matt Peet confirmed he would talk to the speedster about his travel arrangements following the funeral.

The last time I spoke to him was immediately after his mum passed," Peet said.

"We were very open with it and I said I'd contact him next week. From there I'd imagine we'll start talking about when he's set to come back once the funeral and matters conclude. I know he's keen to come back but we've given him some space this week."

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... dium=email
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I am totally confused with Bevin`s return I had a close friend willing to bet me £1000 he will not come back and that he had signed for an NRL club just when i was reasonably confident he was coming back ?????
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

ddtftf wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:39 am I am totally confused with Bevin`s return I had a close friend willing to bet me £1000 he will not come back and that he had signed for an NRL club just when i was reasonably confident he was coming back ?????
snatch his hand off. 100% sure he is coming back. He has said he is coming back that's good enough for me. How can he have signed for another team. Still contracted to wigan. ?