Wigan squad for Newcastle

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan squad for Newcastle

Post by josie andrews »

23-man squad named for Sunday’s pre-season game v Newcastle Thunder.

Head Coach Matt Peet has named his squad for Wigan’s first outing in 2022.

Newcastle Thunder v Wigan Warriors, Sunday 23rd January, 3:00pm K.O. Click HERE for tickets.

Matt Peet has named his 23-player Wigan Warriors squad for Sunday’s pre-season game against Newcastle Thunder.

The Warriors boss will take his first game in charge as Wigan travel to Betfred Championship side Newcastle Thunder at Kingston Park.

Team News

Matt Peet has selected a youthful side to face Newcastle Thunder which includes some players from the Academy as well as first-team players. Jai Field is likely to feature having missed a lot of the action in 2021 through injury as well as new signings Patrick Mago, Abbas Miski and Ramon Silva expected to play a part. The game also gives Wigan the chance to field some of the promising talent from the Academy set up.

Wigan squad to face Newcastle:

Logan Astley
Jake Bibby
Jacob Douglas
Zach Eckersley
Jai Field
Tom Forber
Sam Halsall
Umyla Hanley
Harvie Hill
Ellis Hobson
Patrick Mago
James McDonnell
Abbas Miski
Billy Myers’s
Junior Nsemba
Ben O’Keefe
Brad O’Neil
Kai Pearce Paul
Kavan Rothwell
Joe Shorrocks
Ramon Sylva
Harry Smith
Morgan Smithies

Watch Live

Can’t make the trip to Newcastle? You can watch Sunday’s pre-season fixture LIVE on Wigan TV. We are also pleased to announce that Wigan’s pre-season fixture against Warrington on Saturday 29th January will also be streamed live on Wigan TV.

Not tried Wigan TV before? Now is a great chance to explore our extensive archive of classic Wigan matches, as well as all the latest behind-the-scenes action, exclusive interviews with players and coaches, special features and match highlights.

Wigan TV is the ONLY place where you can see full match replays of every first team game in 2021 – ALL FOR LESS THAN £39 A YEAR.

If you’re not already a subscriber, click here today to join. Choose a monthly (£5.99), quarterly (£11.99) or annual (£38.99) subscription with no contract. Pay with PayPal or credit/debit card. Sign-up today by clicking here. All subscriptions renew automatically unless cancelled. For Wigan TV FAQs click here.

Wigan Warriors face Newcastle Thunder on Sunday 23rd January (3:00pm K.O.) in their first pre-season game of 2022 with tickets on sale for the game. Click HERE to buy your tickets NOW, pay on the day is also available!

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/01/ ... newcastle/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
widdenoldboy

Re: Wigan squad for Newcastle

Post by widdenoldboy »

Was just about to ask if its in Wigan TV but I can see that it is, Excellent!!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Looking forward to it! :D
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Jai Field at fullback, took me a while to realise it wasn't dlsome academy player he looks very small.

Brad O'Neil needs some game time this season.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

A good hit out and some good performances. I was pleasantly surprised that our timing looked so good given it was a pre-season encounter, O’Neil needs to take a lot of credit for that his distribution was excellent. The lad looks like he has all the right attributes to take him to the very top. It was also good to see a number of our juniors performing well, it looks as though we have got some exciting talent coming through the ranks. I think that a special mention should go to Nesembe, for a big lad he is very athletic and he has aggression in spades. He is only an Academy player but he needs to be playing regularly at a higher level.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

One player that I forgot to mention was Matty Nicholson, I thought he was Newcastle’s best player by a country mile. The future looks very bright.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:12 pm A good hit out and some good performances. I was pleasantly surprised that our timing looked so good given it was a pre-season encounter, O’Neil needs to take a lot of credit for that his distribution was excellent. The lad looks like he has all the right attributes to take him to the very top. It was also good to see a number of our juniors performing well, it looks as though we have got some exciting talent coming through the ranks. I think that a special mention should go to Nesembe, for a big lad he is very athletic and he has aggression in spades. He is only an Academy player but he needs to be playing regularly at a higher level.
Nsemba MOTM as well, played the full 80 minutes but if he is the Junior version how big is his big brother?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:12 pm A good hit out and some good performances. I was pleasantly surprised that our timing looked so good given it was a pre-season encounter, O’Neil needs to take a lot of credit for that his distribution was excellent.
This. Clearly some work has been done on the training ground, even in the first hit-out of the season that showed. Be interesting to see the team next weekend. Presumably it'll feature most first-teamers.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Sounds like we threw the ball around, and O’Neill might be ready to step up. Excellent news!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Score?