Wigan squad for Newcastle

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_ITK

Re: Wigan squad for Newcastle

Post by Wigan_ITK »

Score?
Wigan 42

Tries: Sam Halsall (2′, 45′, 71′), Patrick Mago (10′), Abbas Miski (20′), Joe Shorrocks (33′), Zach Eckersley (41′), Umyla Hanley (76′)

Goals: Harry Smith 4/6, Zach Eckersley 1/2

Newcastle 12

Tries: Alex Donaghy (54′), Nicholson (57′)

Goals: Connor Bailey 2/2
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

Just seen that first try back, that cut out pass from Fields was a pearl and half
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

How did Pearce Paul play at centre
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Suzieb wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:59 pm How did Pearce Paul play at centre
Great ! Could solve a positional problem there, surely better than Thornley. And his D was very good too. When he went off at HT, the 3/4 line was weaker albeit with an Academy look about it.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wigan_ITK wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:31 pm
Score?
Wigan 42

Tries: Sam Halsall (2′, 45′, 71′), Patrick Mago (10′), Abbas Miski (20′), Joe Shorrocks (33′), Zach Eckersley (41′), Umyla Hanley (76′)

Goals: Harry Smith 4/6, Zach Eckersley 1/2

Newcastle 12

Tries: Alex Donaghy (54′), Nicholson (57′)

Goals: Connor Bailey 2/2
cheers
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Haven't watched the full game yet but Mago had a dream start, hard to put down, a slipped pass for try one and then powered over himself. Nsembe put in some hard hits, lots of enuthiastic play with Smith/O'Neil distributing well.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

im not going to go overboard,it was a pre season friendly after all,nice to see the younger lads that perhaps with covid havent had the limelight on them as much as well as seeing a couple of the new lads in action,no doubt Peet will be happy with that and he should be it did its job to get them ready for the step up against laughing boys new version of title favourite's warrington :D

on a side note i do love to see them in a traditional kit shame the club dont do it every year but thats me
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:56 am im not going to go overboard,it was a pre season friendly after all,nice to see the younger lads that perhaps with covid havent had the limelight on them as much as well as seeing a couple of the new lads in action,no doubt Peet will be happy with that and he should be it did its job to get them ready for the step up against laughing boys new version of title favourite's warrington :D

on a side note i do love to see them in a traditional kit shame the club dont do it every year but thats me
I was happy to see dummy runners and support play, we still looked very structured but with the ability to actually do something in broken play or ofg the cuff.

Next week will be the interesting one, I don't expect to win but see enough to be confident come the main season we can beat them.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wes

Post by Wes »

With no disrespect meant it’s only Newcastle, that said we looked great and last season it would have taken 6 games to post 42 points👍🤣

Right direction.