Shirt Sponsor / IQONIQ

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrAlex

Shirt Sponsor / IQONIQ

Post by MrAlex »

Just spoken to somebody at the club and IQONIQ are no longer the shirt sponsor (why is why there's no sponsor option in the store). No IQONIQ shirts have been made, but no announcement yet about if the whole sponsorship has been cancelled.

There are talks with a couple of companies to take over the shirt sponsorship.
fozzieskem

Re: Shirt Sponsor / IQONIQ

Post by fozzieskem »

Given no-one seems sure of what it was they where trying to sell its not a huge surprise if the deal is cancelled
adam0026

Post by adam0026 »

It’s barmy that sponsorship.
They have sponsored loads of different sports teams including F1 but don’t have the app they are selling set up.
It made no sense at all.

I noticed a few weeks ago the iqonic shirts were taken from the Wigan shop and wondered if this was the case.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Complete and utter shambles but no doubt Lenners will be defended by his faithful followers, I believe that's two companies that have gone tits up while being our sponsors, Time for the club to start trying to bring in big name sponsors instead of obscure ones
doc

Post by doc »

Not a lot of posts from them on social media over the last 6 months which is not good for a tech company.

Looks like they are in financial trouble or they are having issues with developing the app.

To be fair to IL and KR, plenty bigger sporting clubs than us have been caught out by this. Hope we have got money up front for any merchandise that we have produced with their logo. or we could be in for a double hit with no sponsorship money and merchandise with a discredited sponsors name plastered all over it.

On a brighter note, the 150th year shirt looks better with no logo and Barcelona didn't have a sponsor for years after every other club had one as they thought the shirt was too iconic to have a brand name plastered over it.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

One thing we can’t argue is that our top will look iconic…
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

medlocke wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:27 pm Complete and utter shambles but no doubt Lenners will be defended by his faithful followers, I believe that's two companies that have gone tits up while being our sponsors, Time for the club to start trying to bring in big name sponsors instead of obscure ones
I believe that a Japanese car manufacturing company showed interest.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:56 pm
medlocke wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:27 pm Complete and utter shambles but no doubt Lenners will be defended by his faithful followers, I believe that's two companies that have gone tits up while being our sponsors, Time for the club to start trying to bring in big name sponsors instead of obscure ones
The local Wigan car showroom part?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:56 pm
If that is true then that is the calibre of sponsors that are needed in SL and If true and Lenners pulls it off then I shall apologise for calling him out
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

Latest....once a shirt sponsor has been agreed fans will be able to have any new sponsors logo applied to their shirt.

Mecca Bingo all over again. What is wrong with these people!,