Shirt Sponsor / IQONIQ

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dan2266

Re: Shirt Sponsor / IQONIQ

Post by Dan2266 »

Re: 2022 Kit
Has a new sponsor being announced yet? I highly doubt Iqoniq will be on the shirt next season. Loch Lomond Whiskies is more likely

I posted this on the 25th October, I haven't heard anything since, hopefully the new sponsors logo/print on the shirt doesn't spoil it :shock:
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

medlocke wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:13 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:56 pm
medlocke wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:27 pm Complete and utter shambles but no doubt Lenners will be defended by his faithful followers, I believe that's two companies that have gone tits up while being our sponsors, Time for the club to start trying to bring in big name sponsors instead of obscure ones
I believe that a Japanese car manufacturing company showed interest.
If that is true then that is the calibre of sponsors that are needed in SL and If true and Lenners pulls it off then I shall apologise for calling him out
Called out :lol: read more like a troll attempt.

https://iqoniq.com/partners/

IQONIQ sponsored alot of sports teams including "look how better organised they are "Saints
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

Saints have cancelled their IQONIC deal.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

the IQONIQ website is still a who's who of the sporting world and you can still sign up for when the App is ready to launch - pretty sure that was the case when we 1st signed the sponsorship

From a club perspective as long as IQONIQ paid what they said there were going to pay for the sponsorship, not much else that they can do, other than get another sponsor for this year. The initial communication did say a multi year partnership, plus all the usual type of spiel you expect from both sides

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2020/11/ ... th-iqoniq/
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:19 am Re: 2022 Kit
Has a new sponsor being announced yet? I highly doubt Iqoniq will be on the shirt next season. Loch Lomond Whiskies is more likely

I posted this on the 25th October, I haven't heard anything since, hopefully the new sponsors logo/print on the shirt doesn't spoil it :shock:
That would be an adequate replacement
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

Don't think alcohol brands are allowed.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

MrAlex wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:49 pm Don't think alcohol brands are allowed.
aren't they on the back of the shorts?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

MrAlex wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:39 pm Saints have cancelled their IQONIC deal.
But still had it.

Obviously a terrible club where was McManus due diligence....
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I do wish the petty point scorng would stop on here most of it isn't funny frankly.

As gor iqonic if they paid then who cares a lot if people seem to he signed up with them so it did seem like a "thing,"but doesn't now so who cares really,as I say as long as they paid and that's the big question
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I find the whole difficultly of sponsorship difficult to swallow but for me it boils down to what are Wigan trying to get out the deal.

So at the moment we have no main sponsor therefore zero income, in the past we had Eddie Stobart that again brought in zero cash.

People say big firms wont be interested but i just cant see the logic in that - surely if you ask for lets for arguments £50-100k thats a drop in the ocean to a large firm and for a team thats highly regarded in a sport that brings in decent viewing figures i cant see why they cant make that make sense.

I work in tech and we have no problems with getting sums of 20k of companies like Microsoft to sponsor an event now 20k might not be alot but lets face it, its more than 0
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure