Wigan TV

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

Re: Wigan TV

Post by ddtftf »

I have subscribed since day one but to be totally honest I would rather pay more for a more substantial program, i know times are hard but a cup of coffee costs £5 now & i am sure a few retired journalist's would jump at the chance to help for free
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

First jobs first IMO and that’s to sort the social media coverage of academy games. Many of the games last season passed by without a mention on Wigan’s Twitter/Facebook page, let alone the website, until maybe a few days later. There’s no cost involved in giving somebody the access to put some score updates on or even just mention the games are on (which didn’t happen once or twice last season). I can’t think it would be difficult to find somebody to volunteer to do that if it’s what was needed.
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

We’re still enjoying it - been caning the retro games…
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Is Newcastle v Wigan on Wigan TV tomorrow?

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:21 pm Is Newcastle v Wigan on Wigan TV tomorrow?
Website say it is on the preview article
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Thank you

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I have had it for years and have renewed again this season. I like the game highlights and the interviews are fine. With the latter you can sometimes compare it to what the journalists write and see how they take quotes out of context! :shock:
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

I think it's good value for money. If you compare it to say Saints tv they charge £60 , didn't show the Walmsley friendly and I believe they don't show the academy games live.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Just to say, I just finished watching that Wigan/Wakey game from 1993, and it's a belter. Which, honestly, quite a few games from that era aren't, when looked with modern hindsight. But here there was fast, tough, attractive rugby from both sides, with some terrific scores. A reminder of how great the game could be back then. And next to no serious foul play either.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Does anyone remember what time the full Friday game is usually available? Is it midnight?