Wigan TV

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

Wigan TV

Post by ddtftf »

Is it just me or is the Wigan tv very slow in everything this type of show should be ? there could be surely much more info on players some videos of training schools that are having players visit etc.

It just seems to be 1 player interview a week or old videos, I think the info for the club is very armature they should watch the NRL programs with Matty Johns and guest players its hilarious.
medlocke

Re: Wigan TV

Post by medlocke »

cancelled mine a few week back, found it quite boring, shall reinstate if they improve it
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Imagine for a moment how much creating all the content you suggest in a professional manner would cost. And how much income they might have to offset that.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

There were a lot of plans two years ago to be fair for additional content (two different projects off memory) but covid lockdowns made them pretty impossible before the ideas got off the ground. An official podcast (which was also filmed for the TV service) for example was halted after one episode and although they got a couple more out last season a lot of midweek games and continued covid problems made that difficult also.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

It can’t have been easy for sure but I think they could be a bit busier with it, even if it’s just 5 minute interviews with the players and coaches. I’d love to hear from Peet again on how things have been going but I think it’s about 4 or 5 week since they put an interview with him up.

It’s much the same with the website updates or the lack of academy updates last season. It all gets filed under ‘should be doing better’ for me. That’s not getting stuck in to them for the sake of it but I really do think it’s an area we need to work on.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Looked like they had all the gear at the army training camp but little content.
I will stick with it, stupidly maybe but I try to support in which ways I can. I guess the COVID things been tough for all sporting clubs, RL especially has it's been at best stationary over the last decade in reality in reverse. I do still believe in the product, poor leadership and our northern roots hold us back or we seem to let them. On a plus I like what the new coaching staff and team seem to be doing under Peet and I'm sure Wane is backing and guiding him.
I don't think it needs to be expensive putting content out, the players are capable of doing some decent stuff and so are members of the fan base.
The Robin park venue has a reel home feel about it, something that's been missed obviously and we have not had the chance for that to develop.
100% for me the biggest thing has been having that base missing compounded by not being able to utilize it. I'm sure once we get to the end of this situation a lot of the stuff around the club will improve including the TV.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Look, I'd welcome any improvement but come on, for less than a £1 per week you get access to a load of great material. The coverage is comprehensive and usually 3 packages per game (2 mins, 15 mins and full game) plus archives and interviews AND across all Wigan squads. I think its great value.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

The club would have to get enough subscribers to support a small staff dedicated to making content to get what people are asking for. Do we have enough subscribers - I'd say no based on the comments here.

Some might say, you've got to have more content to get more subscribers, and you'd be right in general, but with the financial situation after COVID and the TV deals, is this the gamble the club want to take with their resources right now. I'd say no again.

Maybe in a few years, with good income streams elsewhere and increasing fan base and awareness the club would be willing to invest in their TV offering but I reckon now isn't the time for that. Best to get the core business back to a position of strength and build from there?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

widdenoldboy wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:48 am Look, I'd welcome any improvement but come on, for less than a £1 per week you get access to a load of great material. The coverage is comprehensive and usually 3 packages per game (2 mins, 15 mins and full game) plus archives and interviews AND across all Wigan squads. I think its great value.
Nail on the head. You get what you pay for.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I’ve always had a subscription & will continue to do so.

As has been said by Bilko, Mike & widdenoldboy, the value for money is great. Some of the old games put on really does remind you of different eras of our great game 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan