Title challenge

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Title challenge

Post by pedro »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:15 am
pedro wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:35 am
Caboosegg wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:01 am

Leigh fans also think Lam is their saviour so :lol:
none do to be fair....soooo
They do though I speak to a fair few and the majority (of the ones I speak to that is,) are happy

Also

https://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=636437
none of the ones I do and its a lot as im still involved with rugby in Leigh, the post was liked by the usual happy clappers on there, the ones that were happy with John Duffy
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

You are quite correct Pedro, I am involved in Amateur RL in Leigh and the majority of Leigh fans are unhappy with Lam.You are also right about the happy clappers.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

While I'm happy to disagree as my experience Is different you do realise two forum posters saying the know better than leigh fans posting Isn't factual evidence the point is valid.

However It could suggest that forum posters don't represent the vast majority of a clubs fans, a point that a couple on here should take note of.

#ILout
#worstrecruitment
#promotingcoachesisbad

Not direct at anyone in particular so if it offends anyone... well you know.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I take the point about fans’ sites being different worlds. A much much better way to judge fans’ feelings would be by season ticket sales or attendances. Last time I checked there wasn’t much encouragement for the hashtagthornleyisrenoufreborn lot on those fronts.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

A tilt at the CC is always possible, it will take some luck and we might just be good enough to take it.

SL is looking a long shot, we have a wildcard of the Reserves comp, if we can use it to advantage and bring on the likes of Halsall, Nsembe and O'Neil then maybe a top 4.

I was impressed witht he forward unit v Newcastle in the 2nd half, the made good yards.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:44 pm I take the point about fans’ sites being different worlds. A much much better way to judge fans’ feelings would be by season ticket sales or attendances. Last time I checked there wasn’t much encouragement for the hashtagthornleyisrenoufreborn lot on those fronts.
Am I missing something here? There's been no games to check attendances and surely season ticket sales or lack thereof can't be put down to Thornley? Have I misunderstood your post?
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

It was more a comment on the trajectory of attendances and season tickets, in response to a post saying that people being gloomy weren’t representative of real fans. I could have written hashtagweveneverhaditsogood but thought I would pick on Thornley. Which was mean of me. We will know soon enough how enthused the support is...
Flash

Post by Flash »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:11 pm It was more a comment on the trajectory of attendances and season tickets, in response to a post saying that people being gloomy weren’t representative of real fans. I could have written hashtagweveneverhaditsogood but thought I would pick on Thornley. Which was mean of me. We will know soon enough how enthused the support is...
I think it fair to say that crowds are dwindling across many, if not most, sports as the increased choice of home entertainment etc. grows. Netflix, Sky, Amazon prime, Disney plus et al coupled with the dominance of computer games/YouTube/ social media particularly in the younger demographic means that fewer people are turning out to watch. I really don't think you can blame this on Thornley or, in fact, recruitment in general!

The world is changing. Ever more so over recent times. Putting it down to one single thing like recruitment is massively misunderstanding the reality of the situation.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Flash wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:04 am
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:11 pm It was more a comment on the trajectory of attendances and season tickets, in response to a post saying that people being gloomy weren’t representative of real fans. I could have written hashtagweveneverhaditsogood but thought I would pick on Thornley. Which was mean of me. We will know soon enough how enthused the support is...
I think it fair to say that crowds are dwindling across many, if not most, sports as the increased choice of home entertainment etc. grows. Netflix, Sky, Amazon prime, Disney plus et al coupled with the dominance of computer games/YouTube/ social media particularly in the younger demographic means that fewer people are turning out to watch. I really don't think you can blame this on Thornley or, in fact, recruitment in general!

The world is changing. Ever more so over recent times. Putting it down to one single thing like recruitment is massively misunderstanding the reality of the situation.
Kris Radlinski said moreorless the same thing on Sunday at Newcastle.

Young people today have so many more distractions competing with playing or watching sport.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Flash wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:04 am

Err, maybe. If you think that all is well, and it’s Netflix’ fault, then that’s good. It’s only a game, after all. Personally, I found last year excruciating and am far from convinced this year will be great. Someone suggested that people complaining were out of step with what real fans think - I was highlighting our declining support, which has fallen further than any other SL club. Honestly, signings like Thornley are definitely part of the problem.
If the chief exec is blaming falling crowds on the internet then maybe he should give up his day job.