Peet named Coach of Month

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Peet named Coach of Month

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors Head Coach Matt Peet has been named February’s Betfred Coach of the Month.

Peet has enjoyed an unbeaten start to the 2022 Betfred Super League season, with the Warriors sitting second in the table.

With voting based on Round 1 to 3, Peet was unanimously voted as February’s Betfred Coach of the Month after the Warriors enjoyed three consecutive wins to kickstart his Head Coach reign at Wigan.

Peet opened his account away at Hull KR, earning an eye-catching win thanks to a flamboyant and ambitious attacking performance.

That victory was followed up by back-to-back wins in front of the Warriors faithful – Peet’s side downing Leeds Rhinos before grinding out a tough win against Huddersfield Giants.

On being named Betfred Coach of the Month in February, Peet said: “It’s pleasing to receive this award as it shows we have made a positive start to the season. Full credit must go to the players who have worked hard to get those performances. We all understand it’s very early days but it’s a good start.”

Meanwhile, voting remains open for the Northern Try of the Month award for February – with Wigan’s Jai Field one of the contenders after his hat-trick try against Leeds.

Vote HERE. https://www.superleague.co.uk/N_TOTM

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/03/ ... -of-month/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Gerrumonside

Re: Peet named Coach of Month

Post by Gerrumonside »

Good for him - early days but it’s been a positive pre season and a good start! Long may it continue.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Gerrumonside wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:12 pm Good for him - early days but it’s been a positive pre season and a good start! Long may it continue.
Agreed, an excellent achievement 1st off for him. And he does seem to have the right values for the club, going from his interviews to the media.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

i like it more for the fact that it is getting into the Saints fans heads, full on meltdown mode :lol: :lol: :lol:

We havent played anyone yet, we havent played well, Woolfe is best coach in the world ever, this Saints team is the best team in the world ever and so on and so on :lol: :lol: :lol:

He has earned the award because he has turned a team that was so poor last year into one that has won its frist 4 games, including beating HKR, Leeds and Hudds who were all tipped to go well this year. The style of play is far more exciting than we have seen for the last couple of years and long may it continue

From the outside looking in, the club looks and feels very different to what it was last year, and as above the style is looking to be better than in the last couple of years. I still think there is further improvement in this team as they gel together through the course of the season and we still have Bevan to join into the attack :)

so all in all, a good start to the season, and far more cause for optimism than we have had in the last couple of seasons. Lets hope he can continue to build and the odd blip doesnt detract from the obvious improvements already made
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

And this despite ignoring most of the free advice he gets on this forum :lol:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

morley pie eater wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:33 pm And this despite ignoring most of the free advice he gets on this forum :lol:
I see this forum as more of a safe space to give my Wigan opinion which my wife doesn’t want to listen to :lol:
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

The Saints fan meltdown is brilliant :D Jeez I’ve seen some moaning about it. Is it harder to keep coaching an already superb side to 4 comfortable wins, against mainly under performing sides so far this season? Or is it harder to turn an absolute rabble from last season, who couldn’t score more than a single try in most games, in to a side that wins 4 games, all whilst (finally) playing some entertaining rugby? I’d say the opposition levels have been much the same overall, with Huddersfield probably being the leagues form team bar Saints going off their results. I know which I’d find more comfortable.

Well done to Matt Peet and here’s to plenty more.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I thought he was just papering over the cracks after Toulouse and nothing has changed since last year?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Good to read!

Personally, I was very sceptical when Peet was appointed. Early days, but so far, from the games I've attended, I do think our line speed and defensive capability (especially when ill disciplined), are an improvement! Whether this is Peet, Briers, Wane etc......

Simply for me, its literally a results business for Peet and a 100% record speaks volumes! Big test on Saturday, considering our result in France last year!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Saints fans me.ting down will have recovered now Peet is out of the running for March.