Sam halsall

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Suzieb

Re: Sam halsall

Post by Suzieb »

The point that I am trying to make is get Halsall in the team instead of Bibby
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

moto748 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:17 pm The Newcastle/Widnes game is repeated on Free Sports at 7.30 pm tonight.
Thanks, I've recorded it and will watch it asap. I see that Miski/O'Neil also played for Newcastle.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:14 pm
moto748 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:17 pm The Newcastle/Widnes game is repeated on Free Sports at 7.30 pm tonight.
Thanks, I've recorded it and will watch it asap. I see that Miski/O'Neil also played for Newcastle.
And young 2nd row Nicholson, looks a great prospect, great workrate and very athletic. A bigger version of JB (no pressure !). I think he's on a loan arrangement at Newcastle.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I just watched the game. It's a gulf to SL, but Halsall and Miski were both good.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yeah Nicholson was pretty good too, showed a lovely bit of skill to reel a ball in in the first half if I remember right, he has impressed every time I've seen him play, and looks a great prospect.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Nicholson is very highly rated at Wigan. I also him play at loose forward in the academy last year and he was superb not just with his running ability but also his passing game.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

Surely it’s better to play a young centre who’s playing well,albeit in the championship in his true position than a succession of second rowers one of whom is past his best . When he was in the team last season he never looked out of place and I think he only ever dropped one bomb in all his games, Bibby was also productive on the wing last season so why move him to centre were he seems to be struggling?
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

We do seem to be making a hash of the 3/3 line for no particular reason. Hardaker is a good centre, so play him there. Thornley and Halsall are both decent centres so play them there. Bibby, Miski and Marshall are all wingers, and French can play on the wing while he gets back up to speed (though I would prefer him at 1, with Field at 6), so play them there...
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

moto748 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:05 am I just watched the game. It's a gulf to SL, but Halsall and Miski were both good.
Good standard for 60 minutes then futness went and mistakes crept in. Impressed with the physicallity shown in the first 60. All in all a good game.
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

Hopefully trying to build a partnership with them both in the hopes they can slot in next year fully