Field

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dan2266

Field

Post by Dan2266 »

Signed a new 2 year deal
medlocke

Re: Field

Post by medlocke »

Happy with that 8-)
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

It’s fantastic and surprising news. Let’s hope he keeps his form up and keeps progressing because he’s been a joy to watch this year and he can really help drive us on.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Don't rule out Jackson Hastings returning either.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:08 pm Don't rule out Jackson Hastings returning either.
No no no thank you
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Field signs new two-year deal

Wigan Warriors are delighted to confirm that star full back Jai Field has signed a new two-year deal with the Club, with the option of a third year.

The new contract means that Field will stay at the Club at least until the end of the 2024 season.

After what was a tough 2021 with injuries, this year has seen Field shine on the Super League stage and become a standout figure, sitting top of the Steve Prescott MBE Man of Steel leaderboard with 15 points from the opening seven rounds.

Field has scored nine tries so far, including a memorable hat-trick against Leeds Rhinos in Round 2, and he also tops the clean breaks (12) and metres (1,126) charts in Super League so far.

He was voted the Super League Player of the Month for February, and won the Club’s Player of the Month and Try of the Month awards for both February and March. His stellar start to the new season has also seen him win four Man of the Match awards from Wigan’s opening eight games in all competitions.

On signing his new deal, Field said: “It was an easy decision. The boys, the Club, the staff – everything is great and I’m really enjoying my time here.

“Rugby is a funny game. You can be at two ends of the spectrum really quickly. Last year we all know what happened but it’s pleasing to have the start I’ve had so far.

“I had a great pre-season and got my body right and credit has to go to the staff. I’ve hit the ground running and it’s definitely pleasing to have started the season in that way.

“I just want to keep putting my best foot forward for the team first and foremost and keep getting results.”

Executive Director, Kris Radlinski, added: “It is clear for everybody to see just what an impact that he has had on Super League this season.

“After suffering a very serious injury at the start of 2021, Jai has worked so hard to recover. He is a player who puts you on the edge of your seat when he gets the ball. His highlight reel after seven rounds is incredible and that is reflected in the Man of Steel scoring chart.

“His contract extension is a major boost for the Club and a major boost for Super League.”

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:02 pm Signed a new 2 year deal
So very happy with this. He must be happy here 😊
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:12 pm
To think we were offering him out to rival clubs a few months ago, what a turn around from the kid.

Its not mega money either, which is what I'm most shocked at. I would be very surprised if he was one of the Marquee players next season.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Delighted! At times, makes us look like a one man team! As for Hastings......not needed with Harry Smith's drop goal abilities! :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:15 pm
josie andrews wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:12 pm
To think we were offering him out to rival clubs a few months ago, what a turn around from the kid.

Its not mega money either, which is what I'm most shocked at. I would be very surprised if he was one of the Marquee players next season.
I’m always saying players like him are worth Marquee money unlike who has it atm! ☹️