Wigan squad for Huddersfield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Wigan squad for Huddersfield

Post by Caboosegg »

josie andrews wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:30 pm
medlocke wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:40 pm
Welski wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:35 pm I guess the answer to this will be the silverware or not in a couple of weeks?
And what about the fans that spent their hard earned cash on tickets and travel, Never been a fan of it
Why would it bother you? You don’t come to games 😂😂
People go to games to support their team win or lose.

But as I said early this was a nothing game, our best chance of silverware this year is vs Huddersfield so if players with knocks needs a week off let's do it
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:37 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:30 pm
medlocke wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:40 pm
And what about the fans that spent their hard earned cash on tickets and travel, Never been a fan of it
Why would it bother you? You don’t come to games 😂😂
People go to games to support their team win or lose.

But as I said early this was a nothing game, our best chance of silverware this year is vs Huddersfield so if players with knocks needs a week off let's do it
We went to support our team & went on the coach despite me not being well.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

a very shrewd move by watson i noticed he played his main pivot players,he out coached us,i say again should allways play our strongest team.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Tonight's game counts for nothing! The reality is we will not field the same 17 come the 28th!

Even Watson himself (who's no mug), alluded to the difference of tonight and the CC Final!

Despite how good Watson is, il be hugely disappointed if we don't beat Huddersfield in the final, as others have said, it is our best chance of winning silverware and the challenge cup is overdue now!

Lets make it 20!
bertina

Post by bertina »

pedro wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:49 pm Some terrible performances today, halsalls defence is woeful and isa is just plain poor, astley isn’t a rugby league player, he kicked like a union player and zero rugby league brain, feel sorry for the people who traveled to watch that
If nothing else, it’s answered some questions.
Halsall cannot play wing.
Astley should be nowhere near the first team squad.
Isa should stay where he has been for the past couple of weeks.
Partington, for all his effort, just isn’t big enough.
Shorrocks never an acting half back in a million years.
I know we have to give some players a rest but lessons need to be learned after that debacle tonight.
Re-group, move on.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Right trying to thaw out

Do not like the rotation nonsense never have never will for all that somehow they came lose,if I where Ian Watson I'd be a little worried that a second string team ran them close.
pedro

Post by pedro »

bertina wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:05 pm
pedro wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:49 pm Some terrible performances today, halsalls defence is woeful and isa is just plain poor, astley isn’t a rugby league player, he kicked like a union player and zero rugby league brain, feel sorry for the people who traveled to watch that
If nothing else, it’s answered some questions.
Halsall cannot play wing.
Astley should be nowhere near the first team squad.
Isa should stay where he has been for the past couple of weeks.
Partington, for all his effort, just isn’t big enough.
Shorrocks never an acting half back in a million years.
I know we have to give some players a rest but lessons need to be learned after that debacle tonight.
Re-group, move on.
totally right
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Personally, I thought Shorrocks had a superb work rate this evening!

I wouldn't criticize Astley, I liked the fact he had confidence tonight (whether it was successful of not).

I really hope Partington makes the 17 for Spurs. He's not the biggest, he does have old school aggression, he gives it his all and is familiar at 13!
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Right then, positives - O'Neil, Miski, Nicholson, Smith, Thornley, Bibby, Havard - Negatives - Isa, Partington, Mago, French (looked tentative), Astley (too soon).

Need to be on point to win the final against this mob.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Suzieb wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:44 pm a very shrewd move by watson i noticed he played his main pivot players,he out coached us,i say again should allways play our strongest team.
Unless some of the missing players were carrying knocks then I fully agree. We could have still beaten that Huddersfield team if we had performed at the standards we are capable of.