Not a rumour anymore!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Hattster

Re: Not a rumour anymore!!

Post by Hattster »

I have to nip over to Huddersfield tomorrow, I'd be more than happy to drop him off.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

What I can’t understand is why are they chasing Bibby when they already have Wardle & Lutele as their centres?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

josie andrews wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:26 pm What I can’t understand is why are they chasing Bibby when they already have Wardle & Lutele as their centres?
Its a puzzle, they have Cudjoe also. Maybe Cudjoe is looking to leave/retire?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

widdenoldboy wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:45 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:26 pm What I can’t understand is why are they chasing Bibby when they already have Wardle & Lutele as their centres?
Its a puzzle, they have Cudjoe also. Maybe Cudjoe is looking to leave/retire?
Cudjoe must be in his mid 30s now so you could be right
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

He's versatile, so maybe cover as wing/centre assuming Cudjoe and McGilvray are both at the end of their careers?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

A conundrum!

Just about everybody rates Watson as an astute coach. He worked with Bibby at Salford, so knows him well. He is interested in signing Bibby, who many of our armchair coaches don't rate.

Go figure, as the Yanks say.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:01 pm A conundrum!

Just about everybody rates Watson as an astute coach. He worked with Bibby at Salford, so knows him well. He is interested in signing Bibby, who many of our armchair coaches don't rate.

If he hadn't come from Salford but from an NRL feeder team or from Leeds/Saints half the negative opinions against him wouldn't exist

Basically coming from Salford allows the IL penny pincher only buying cheap failures crowd to have a target for their frustrations
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:41 pm

If he hadn't come from Salford but from an NRL feeder team or from Leeds/Saints half the negative opinions against him wouldn't exist

Basically coming from Salford allows the IL penny pincher only buying cheap failures crowd to have a target for their frustrations
Can't disagree with any of that
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I hope he is not so astute a week on Saturday.