Wigan Warriors release short film celebrating their 150th anniversary

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Wigan Warriors release short film celebrating their 150th anniversary

Post by pedro »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:19 pm Difficult to say this without appearing negative - and I'm a happy clapper!

I honestly loved the stuff the film showed. However, as a celebration of 150 years I thought it was focused on the 80s and 90s and neglected previous generations. Yes, I know you can't fit everybody in, but where were Jim Sullivan, Brian McTigue, Ken Gee and all the others - we need to keep their names and memories alive, surely?

Sorry for the negativity, but that's how I felt watching it.

My own memories are of Frank Parr, Bill Francis, George Fairbairn, Trevor Lake, Kevin and Kieron O'Loughlin, Cliff and Dave Hill, Ray Ashby, Laurie Gilfedder and many more.
Gee and McTigue were on there
Firestarter

Re: Wigan Warriors release short film celebrating their 150th anniversary

Post by Firestarter »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:19 pm Difficult to say this without appearing negative - and I'm a happy clapper!

I honestly loved the stuff the film showed. However, as a celebration of 150 years I thought it was focused on the 80s and 90s and neglected previous generations. Yes, I know you can't fit everybody in, but where were Jim Sullivan, Brian McTigue, Ken Gee and all the others - we need to keep their names and memories alive, surely?

Sorry for the negativity, but that's how I felt watching it.

My own memories are of Frank Parr, Bill Francis, George Fairbairn, Trevor Lake, Kevin and Kieron O'Loughlin, Cliff and Dave Hill, Ray Ashby, Laurie Gilfedder and many more.
i used go school with frank parrs grandaughter( or great, cant remember)…. My late dad said he was a gud un….. he would have loved the video…… my mam did when i sent it her yesterday
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE