Wigan squad for Challenge Cup Final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
w.thomas

Re: Wigan squad for Challenge Cup Final

Post by w.thomas »

As another poster mentions, if it’s a question between a bench spot between shorrocks or Tommy it’s Tommy for me all day. To maybe Give young Brad a rest at some point or if we need to steady the ship with some strong D.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Am I being thick? Fages appears to be in the squad
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I agree with others, Fages will be a huge loss and hopefully Pryce will be slightly rusty given his lengthy suspension.
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Very difficult to exclude Havard and Partington and to choose the pack.
I reckon Havard is nailed on for a bench spot before Shorrocks or Partington. Hope so anyway!
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:02 pm Am I being thick? Fages appears to be in the squad
Not on the Giants website.
Charriots Offiah

josie andrews wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:29 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:18 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:01 pm Huddersfield squad

1 Will Pryce
2 Jermaine McGillvary
4 Ricky Leutele
5 Ashton Golding
6 Tui Lolohea
7 Theo Fages
8 Chris Hill
9 Danny Levi
10 Michael Lawrence
11 Josh Jones
12 Chris McQueen
13 Luke Yates
14 Matty English
15 Joe Greenwood
16 Jack Cogger
17 Owen Trout
19 Adam O’Brien
20 Oliver Wilson
21 Leroy Cudjoe
22 Louis Senior
23 Olly Russell
25 Innes Senior
29 Sam Hewitt

Theo Fages, Jake Wardle and Sebastine Ikahihifo miss out. ??
I think they can.
Think they can what?
Sorry Josie I answered the wrong post. I think they can add a player who is not named in the 21.
Charriots Offiah

josie andrews wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:02 pm Once the squad has been named, they can’t add someone else to it can they?
I hope this helps.

https://www.totalrl.com/rfl-confirm-int ... from-2020/
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

medlocke wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:13 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:45 pm
medlocke wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:04 pm Tommy hasn't earned the right to play in such an important game straight back from injury, the End
Meds spots another chance to stir the pot :lol:

Matty Peet will make the decision. He is better informed than any of us, including Meds. And he's better qualified. And he's not a wind-up merchant.

I'm happy for us to go with whatever Peet decides.
Not a wind up, same happened a few years back with Joel Tomkins, came straight back into the GF after being out for ages making Willie Isa miss out even though he had earned his place
Of course players should earn their place but if you have a player who’s comeback from injury who is fit, a better player maybe even can change a game. What you gonna say you didn’t earn your spot?
Thats what being a coach is all about making hard decisions, even if it doesn’t seem fair, for the best outcome
Charriots Offiah

If Peet and co. decide to select him that is fine by me. They will do what they think is best for the club.
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

medlocke wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:31 pm
blindsideprop wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:23 pm
medlocke wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:04 pm Tommy hasn't earned the right to play in such an important game straight back from injury, the End
Tommy,s form this season has earned him the right more than anyone else.He is the captain,a leader and every player looks up to him.He has never let the side down and imo is a certainty to play if fit.
Don't care who you are, you don't walk right back into a final after an injury with no fresh games under your belt, when others have worked hard during your absence to secure that place in the final and earn their right to play in it. sick to death of this type of culture
Absolute nonsense,you play your best players if they are available and fit.You are the first to criticise Powell just because others say he works hard now you are saying the the likes of Shorrocks should be selected because they do.You can,t have it both ways.