Wigan squad for Challenge Cup Final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Wigan squad for Challenge Cup Final

Post by medlocke »

blindsideprop wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:45 am
medlocke wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:31 pm
blindsideprop wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:23 pm

Tommy,s form this season has earned him the right more than anyone else.He is the captain,a leader and every player looks up to him.He has never let the side down and imo is a certainty to play if fit.
Don't care who you are, you don't walk right back into a final after an injury with no fresh games under your belt, when others have worked hard during your absence to secure that place in the final and earn their right to play in it. sick to death of this type of culture
Absolute nonsense,you play your best players if they are available and fit.You are the first to criticise Powell just because others say he works hard now you are saying the the likes of Shorrocks should be selected because they do.You can,t have it both ways.
How can you be match fit if you have NOT played any games since getting injured, I haven't said anything about Shorrocks, I criticise Powell as a Hooker because he isn't one, it has nothing to do with his work rate, the end
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

medlocke wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:34 am
medlocke wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:31 pm

Don't care who you are, you don't walk right back into a final after an injury with no fresh games under your belt, when others have worked hard during your absence to secure that place in the final and earn their right to play in it. sick to death of this type of culture
Absolute nonsense,you play your best players if they are available and fit.You are the first to criticise Powell just because others say he works hard now you are saying the the likes of Shorrocks should be selected because they do.You can,t have it both ways.
How can you be match fit if you have NOT played any games since getting injured, I haven't said anything about Shorrocks, I criticise Powell as a Hooker because he isn't one, it has nothing to do with his work rate, the end
If you can tell me how someone can get match fit without actually playing i would love to hear it.Play your best side ,simple.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

blindsideprop wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:09 am

If you can tell me how someone can get match fit without actually playing i would love to hear it.Play your best side ,simple.
So can you tell me why a person who can't get match fit deserves a place in an important final, Play your best fittest side, the end
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

medlocke wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:21 am
blindsideprop wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:09 am
So can you tell me why a person who can't get match fit deserves a place in an important final, Play your best fittest side, the end
From Lee Briers page on Wikipedia:

"In 2013, during the second match of the season against Wigan Warriors, Lee suffered a neck injury which saw the Warrington ace out for 13 games. He returned for a Tetley's Challenge Cup fifth round tie against Salford City Reds in which he made not only a try scoring return but also kicked his 1,000th career goal."

The end?
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

The club will have enough data available to know how fit Tommy has returned and what he is broadly capable of doing.

He will probably start on the bench and when he comes on will either move to 9, or in the halves and Cust go there.

I’d be all for that, as we spell o Neil anyway.

The adverse is you lose Shorrocks as a forward on the bench also. But apart from Mago and Byrne, all of our other forwards are capable of big minutes so it may not impact us too much.

Byrne and Mago can get their spells with Singleton and Ellis and we can give Smithies and Havard longer minutes.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I don't really care, it is my opinion, the end
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Sadly, because it's not going to happen, I'd leave Mago out, assuming Tommy is in the squad to make an appearance at some time during the match.
Shorrocks deserves a place for his energy and combativeness and Havard because he's just such a good player. Now it means that one of those will miss out for a player who contributes very little in the very few minutes that he is on the pitch.

I'm assuming that Miski, Isa and Partington will miss out.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

I feel that putting Tommy in the squad is a con to get Watson thinking
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Is Tommy in the squad not just so if we Win the captain can lift the trophy?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

medlocke wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:04 am I don't really care, it is my opinion, the end
:lol: :lol: :lol:
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐