Latics v Burnley

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Latics v Burnley

Post by josie andrews »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:45 am The new stadium owner would be a moron to move a Wigan saints Derby at home.

Wigan playing well, Saints wanting revenge, Friday night could equal a sold out stadium.
They’ve done it before!! A Good Friday game was moved to the Thursday because they were playing on the Saturday. It did do us a favour though because we played Catalan at home on Easter Monday.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:38 am So who gets money from food sales now?
It’s still the stadium. That’s the whole idea of having the fans zone that any profits go back to the Warriors & not Latics.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:52 am
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:48 am They only get a fee for the stadium don't they. Not a % of the gate .

Latics at home the weekend of the Superleague semi finals as well

EW
correct they get a fee, but if the attendance is over a set amount the fee is more, but its not a percentage of the gate.
Thought the stadium did for home games? Because all home game ticket sales are bought from the stadium ticket office.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:01 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:16 am
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:38 am So who gets money from food sales now?
have not got a clue, I just know the fees in the past for Saints and play off/WCC games have been higher due to attendances being over a certain amount
Thats fair. I was only enquiring because traditionally I've always enjoyed a beer and pie on the concourse but with knowing the money goes elsewhere, we have spent our money on Robin Park.
Keep spending it at Robin Park in the fans zone 😊
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

have not got a clue, I just know the fees in the past for Saints and play off/WCC games have been higher due to attendances being over a certain amount
Thats fair. I was only enquiring because traditionally I've always enjoyed a beer and pie on the concourse but with knowing the money goes elsewhere, we have spent our money on Robin Park.
I’d like to know that also - does anyone know where the food and drink revenue goes from matchday?
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Ignore my last message - caught up now :lol:
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:20 pm

Keep spending it at Robin Park in the fans zone 😊
Will do :D
Midas

Post by Midas »

I thought it was Latics fans who had a chip on their shoulder !
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:48 am They only get a fee for the stadium don't they. Not a % of the gate .

EW
correct they get a fee, but if the attendance is over a set amount the fee is more, but its not a percentage of the gate.
When did that change? From published accounts it was always 10% of gate.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

No straw damn us wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:20 pm

EW
When did that change? From published accounts it was always 10% of gate.
Correct. I would imagine that the 10% figure has now changed following discussions with the new owner.