Season-high crowd for Toulouse

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Season-high crowd for Toulouse

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors are expecting a season-high home attendance at the DW Stadium on Friday with the South Stand now sold out.

The Cherry and Whites return home for the first time in two months as Toulouse Olympique visit Wigan for the very first time in Round 16 of the Betfred Super League.

Friday is also a day where the Club remembers and pays tribute to all the heroes who have served and continue to serve the country as we celebrate Armed Forces Day.

It will be all Wigan fans inside the DW as the Warriors aim to remain unbeaten at home in 2022.

Tickets are still available to buy and will be until kick off. Click HERE for all the info.

Head Coach, Matt Peet, said: “We’re excited; our fans have been unbelievable so far this year. We’ve missed playing in front of them at home, but it’s great when we’re in decent shape and have a chunk of home games coming up. I hope the fans are as excited about Friday as we are, we know we’ve got to play our part in getting the hard work done and against a team who have a lot to play for so I think it’ll be a quality game with two highly motivated teams who are both fresh off a break.

“It has the potential to be a high quality evening, there’s the stuff around Armed Forces day going on. I would encourage any fan who has missed their Rugby League fix to get down.

“It’s been a happy venue for us so far this year, we’ve played pretty well at home, the fans have been fantastic and the support has been noted on our travels. At the away grounds it has been unbelievable so to come home and play in front of a healthy crowd, we’re really looking forward to it.”

Prop forward, Brad Singleton, added: “We’re just dying to get back out there now, the fans on that journey on all those games away from home they’ve been as loud as anything.

“The relationship between the player and the fan is the best it’s been for me personally and you do feel that connection to them and you feel them behind you. The home games, we are unbeaten there so far and I think it’s a really good place to be at the minute.”

Already got your ticket? Don’t forget to come down to our Fan Village at Robin Park Arena, which opens from 5:45pm. Click HERE https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/06/ ... orces-day/ for more details.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/06/ ... -toulouse/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
keptinthedarkfans

Re: Season-high crowd for Toulouse

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Could this be perfect time for a player announcement.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:20 pm Could this be perfect time for a player announcement.
I thought that too 😊
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Anyone got a spare south stand ticket, my son has come back from uni, but I can’t get him a ticket with me.
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

Not going tomorrow. Sounds sad but really jealous that I won’t get my hands on the playing cards they are giving out .
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Will we have 2 month gaps every year forever?
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Presumably, this is to highlight availability in the East and West Stands (which need an increase in fans)?

The South Stand always looks well occupied against any opposition on matchdays.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

What was the crowd anyone please?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:48 pm What was the crowd anyone please?
Just under 14500
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Not bad…cheers josie looking forward to wakey away
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE