Ancient & Loyale Pale Ale launched

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Ancient & Loyale Pale Ale launched

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors are pleased to launch a new ‘Ancient & Loyale’ Pale Ale ahead of tonight’s fan village.

Brewed locally by Wily Fox Brewery, fans can pick up the limited edition ale from Friday 24th June

This evening we also celebrate Armed Forces Day. Find out what is going on around the ground HERE.

Wigan Warriors are pleased to launch our new ‘Ancient & Loyale’ American Pale Ale ahead of our return to the DW Stadium this evening, brewed locally by Wily Fox Brewery.

Earlier in the year we asked players and staff to come up with suggestions for a name of a new pale ale. Voting took place and the winning suggestion came from Oliver Partington who came up with the name ‘Ancient & Loyale’.

With a name in place, the American Pale Ale was then brewed locally by Wily Fox Brewery. The 4% Pale Ale is bursting with a grapefruit zing from American cascade and chinook hops. The finest English malts balance this ale to give a winning experience on the test buds.

Speaking on the launch, Sales Director Geoff Warburton said: “We have had previous experience working with Wily Fox who have supported the cub at several fan days with bars. Andrea and her team, being locally based only up the road at Martland Park, were only to pleased to turn this round quickly and are proud to be a Wigan brewery associated with Wigan Warriors.”

The ale will be available to purchase in-store from the Robin Park Store today or pre-match in our pop-up store in the fan village which is open from 5:45pm this evening. The ale costs £3.50 per can, or a case of 6 for £20.

Wigan Warriors fans are encouraged to drink responsibly.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/06/ ... -pale-ale/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
CheshireWarrior

Re: Ancient & Loyale Pale Ale launched

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Could happily have Pale Ale flowing out the taps! 20 notes for 6 tins seems a bit heavy to me! :lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:49 pm Could happily have Pale Ale flowing out the taps! 20 notes for 6 tins seems a bit heavy to me! :lol:
I thought it was too! £3.50 per can!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Place seems decent with good memorabilia on show but the bars are a bit crap. Couple of selections of ale and non that good. Live music wasn’t the best either and 3 urinals with one overflowing for 100s of blokes is Rather shocking. I’m disappointed really.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:23 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:49 pm Could happily have Pale Ale flowing out the taps! 20 notes for 6 tins seems a bit heavy to me! :lol:
I thought it was too! £3.50 per can!!
Just paid 3.99 for a coke can sized beer in that London, so better than that. Almost back to the promised land to catch a couple of games!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

You could always buy a bottle of Folly Field 1872 for £3! We have some left at the heritage society… just get in touch
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Bring back the badge 😀