This Evenings Match

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
CheshireWarrior

Re: This Evenings Match

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Excellent ball execution tonight!

Sam Powell impressed me with his kicking game. Field and French usual 5 🌟! Byrne, Mago and Havard worked extremely hard!

O'Neill looked good at making meters!
CheshireWarrior

Just under 13,500 tonight!

Was nice to see fans in all stands for once. Must admit, I was delighted with how impeccable fan conduct was during the minute(s) silences👍!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:56 pm Just under 13,500 tonight!

Was nice to see fans in all stands for once. Must admit, I was delighted with how impeccable fan conduct was during the minute(s) silences👍!
Given out as 14,490 on the tannoy
CheshireWarrior

jaws1 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:57 pm

I'm sure it was 13,490, remember thinking they hit just over the 13,000 fans advertised. Might have heard wrong though 😆.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Bit of a strange match really. Toulouse were rubbish but Wigan were a bit disjointed probably because of an unfamiliar line up and the fact Faz was rested after a first half stint.

Despite the score Wigan never really got out of second gear not helped by the ref who seemed to give Toulouse plenty of repeat sets. Even so they had very little to offer and you could not call this a quality game.

Miski was announced MoM at the ground and probably deserved it for the tries but also he looked up for it compared to some of the other players. Very enthusiastic. KPP looked sprightly on his return. O’Neil came on in the second half and made three breaks from dummy half which showed Powell how it’s done. i know people get sick of me banging on about Powell but against this lot a decent hooker should have had a field day but he didn’t.

Smith’s goal kicking was really good. Only downside was Ellis injury. It was close to half time and the idea was clearly to keep him on until the break but he waved to come off having played the ball.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jaws1 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:57 pm

14,493. Don’t forget those three ;)
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Suzieb wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:16 pmMago
So drop him in favour of who?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

This team will go to the GF if we stay fit.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:46 pm Excellent ball execution tonight!

Sam Powell impressed me with his kicking game. Field and French usual 5 🌟! Byrne, Mago and Havard worked extremely hard!

O'Neill looked good at making meters!
I agree with your comments but I thought O’Neill made some bad decisions. Powell’s distribution was far better.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Powell's fine. He can kick pretty well out of dummy half too. As said above, a bit disjointed, but Toulouse were very poor (seen them perform much better before this season). Glad we steered clear of Corey Norman. Some good execution for the scores, and as for Field, as I said at the other place, isn't it great to have a guy in your side who can score a try like Field's? And hey, we've got two of them! :D