This Evenings Match

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
PJC

Re: This Evenings Match

Post by PJC »

Came away quite excited. I disagree with some comments. Yes the game was disjointed at times but Wigan’s attack was the most exciting I have seen for a long,long time.
Toulouse we’re not as poor as some have made out.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

PJC wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:36 am Came away quite excited. I disagree with some comments. Yes the game was disjointed at times but Wigan’s attack was the most exciting I have seen for a long,long time.
Toulouse we’re not as poor as some have made out.
Toulouse not poor? That was the worst team I have seen at DW in a long time. They were awful. They only scored after a daft penalty and a mistake got them some field position.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:13 am
CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:46 pm Excellent ball execution tonight!

Sam Powell impressed me with his kicking game. Field and French usual 5 🌟! Byrne, Mago and Havard worked extremely hard!

O'Neill looked good at making meters!
I agree with your comments but I thought O’Neill made some bad decisions. Powell’s distribution was far better.
You watch. different game to me. Powell’s distribution is poor and it was no better tonight. How many breaks did he make tonight? My guess would be zero. Against a very poor side.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Mago did 9 minutes in his first spell and did not come back on until they had given up fact I'm sure some of you don't watch the match just the scoreboard and that was with a prop down everyone who was sat around us agreed about him I rest my case.
PJC

Post by PJC »

I could have missed the reason. My only disappointment about tonight was that the Challenge Cup wasn’t brought out.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:20 pm Toulouse sound very very poor
Dreadful,no other word for them.

Wigan can only beat what’s there but they because TO where so poor seemed to struggle to keep consistency going yet still could get over the line plenty of times.

Not blaming Wigan but Christ that was game so forgettable hopefully it’ll be a long time before we get “treated”to such a poor showing from a team.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Suzieb wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:34 am Mago did 9 minutes in his first spell and did not come back on until they had given up fact I'm sure some of you don't watch the match just the scoreboard and that was with a prop down everyone who was sat around us agreed about him I rest my case.
It's a shame you are wrong about his first spell yes there was half time in between. But Mago took the steam out of there forwards last night

33 min to 59 min first stint
Last stint was 71 min until the end.

35 min in total.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Wasn't there so listened to Joe Mills & Bilko (Happy 50th Joe) and having seen the highlights, good to see how involved and impressive Joe Shorrocks was. Also, Singleton seems to be in very good nick. Farrell's and Field's tries were very, very good and a shame that Bibby jumped out of the line and gifted them their try.
You can only beat what's there and I guess Toulouse were just depressed by out first two tries and never really got going.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Well still no announcements unfortunately
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Suzieb wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:34 am Mago did 9 minutes in his first spell and did not come back on until they had given up fact I'm sure some of you don't watch the match just the scoreboard and that was with a prop down everyone who was sat around us agreed about him I rest my case.
You're wrong.
Mago came on just about the 30 minute mark. He was still on after the half time break and went off at around 58 mins when Singleton came back on. He then came back on around the 75 minute mark.