This Evenings Match

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Zakooo

Re: This Evenings Match

Post by Zakooo »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:08 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:24 am
Southern Softy wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:38 am Wasn't there so listened to Joe Mills & Bilko (Happy 50th Joe) and having seen the highlights, good to see how involved and impressive Joe Shorrocks was. Also, Singleton seems to be in very good nick. Farrell's and Field's tries were very, very good and a shame that Bibby jumped out of the line and gifted them their try.
You can only beat what's there and I guess Toulouse were just depressed by out first two tries and never really got going.
Their try came from a missed Powell tackle. He fell off a one on one, and instantly blamed Bibby.
It was both .He turned bibby inside out and missed him. He was really bibbys man.
We are getting jake wardle from next season so that covers Bibby.
Wigan1

Post by Wigan1 »

Southern Softy wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:38 am Wasn't there so listened to Joe Mills & Bilko (Happy 50th Joe) and having seen the highlights, good to see how involved and impressive Joe Shorrocks was. Also, Singleton seems to be in very good nick. Farrell's and Field's tries were very, very good and a shame that Bibby jumped out of the line and gifted them their try.
You can only beat what's there and I guess Toulouse were just depressed by out first two tries and never really got going.
Their try came from a missed Powell tackle. He fell off a one on one, and instantly blamed Bibby.
Shorrocks trying to swing the dummy half round after the ball had gone rather then following the ball was a bigger issue. After the ball had been passed, Shorrocks should have followed the ball and Bibby shouldn’t have shot the line. Shorrocks was covering his left from marker, the way the ball went, Powell would have covered the right, to say he missed a one on one tackle is completely out of context to suit your agenda.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Typical that we win at a canter, albeit against the bottom team, and most of the discussion is about who we can blame for their only try!

Btw, Wardle is going to Wire now and for next season.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

morley pie eater wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:14 pm Typical that we win at a canter, albeit against the bottom team, and most of the discussion is about who we can blame for their only try!

Has he officially signed for wire next season morley?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

Spot on Morley, I really can't believe some of the comments on here, Toulouse were poor, no power or energy in their forwards, very little creativity as a result

Bibby was at fault jumping out and missed his man, Powell was furious because I believe to keep them to nil was the target

Someone earlier mentioned the ref giving 6 again etc...to Toulouse!!! #seriously wigan gifted at least 2 tries from strange pens

Wigans shape and ball movement was super slick, with pace and execution hence Miski having a great night finishing great ball movement

Yes Toulouse were poor but Wigan were only in second/third gear with plenty in reserve
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

jackthelad wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:06 pm Spot on Morley, I really can't believe some of the comments on here, Toulouse were poor, no power or energy in their forwards, very little creativity as a result

Bibby was at fault jumping out and missed his man, Powell was furious because I believe to keep them to nil was the target

Someone earlier mentioned the ref giving 6 again etc...to Toulouse!!! #seriously wigan gifted at least 2 tries from strange pens

Wigans shape and ball movement was super slick, with pace and execution hence Miski having a great night finishing great ball movement

Yes Toulouse were poor but Wigan were only in second/third gear with plenty in reserve
Toulouse tried take plays they hadn't put the hard work in to do and executed sloppily however you can see how they have been pushing teams as if they had come off on the night they where tries.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:59 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:14 pm Typical that we win at a canter, albeit against the bottom team, and most of the discussion is about who we can blame for their only try!

Has he officially signed for wire next season morley?
Sorry, it's not categorically certain, I suppose, but does read as though it's been discussed and is very likely:

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... -swap-deal

Also this from Ian Watson on Serious about RL:

“All parties involved in this arrangement have said we’ll assess the longer term situation after both players have had some time in their new environments as the deal only runs for this year.”

Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

That statement by Watson (if accurate) shows that Wardle cannot have signed for us for next season so I'm sure that he'll be signing for wire for 2023 and beyond.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Perhaps not if Mike Cooper has a word with him first.
It seems both Wardle and King are leaving due to poor relationships with their current coaches. There's no guarantees they'll get on with their new coach.

If someone at Wigan and Wire told you next year is going to be their year, who would you believe?
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Wigan1 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:30 pm
Shorrocks trying to swing the dummy half round after the ball had gone rather then following the ball was a bigger issue. After the ball had been passed, Shorrocks should have followed the ball and Bibby shouldn’t have shot the line. Shorrocks was covering his left from marker, the way the ball went, Powell would have covered the right, to say he missed a one on one tackle is completely out of context to suit your agenda.
I see - it’s an agenda is it. You think I can alter reality now? He was in a position to make a tackle and he fell off it. I am not making it up, that is actually what happened - it’s clear as day. Lots of things could have been done differently before he found himself in that position, but he still ended up there. Happy to blame a collective breakdown but I can’t see how anyone could actually watch it and conclude that he didn’t fall off the tackle and then instantly call out Bibby. They’re just facts, there is no opinion involved.

I really don’t want to labour the point, but I have played hundreds of games and attempted thousands of tackles over the years, and know a missed tackle when I see one. (Oh, and I didn’t introduce the topic and wouldn’t have mentioned it save that someone went out of the way to blame Bibby for it. Perhaps they have an anti Bibby agenda?)

In the scheme of things, it’s the single cloud in a blue sky, as it was a good overall performance. I am hugely enjoying this season, and have been happily astonished by how much Peet has got out of this group of players: which is the most we can ever ask of a coach.