Predicament

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Brennox7

Predicament

Post by Brennox7 »

Hi folks, just posting as was wondering if any other fan's brains are rattled at the moment. Looking at next season if french stays..

French at 1 and Field at 6 looked good last night however we have Cust who is playing superb. However french could stay is convinced of FB position and Field is a natural 6.
Harry Smith is playing superb so I imagine if Tommy retires Smith will get the 7 jumper.
French could stay and play wing but then miski scores 4 last night and although against Toulouse, he's young and a good ball carrier.
Powell is staying so O'Neill will play second fiddle but will Leuleui stay and if so play were?

It's been a while since we have had a scenario were we have to many good players!

Thoughts?
Cheers, Billy
medlocke

Re: Predicament

Post by medlocke »

Lenners needs to grow a pair and tell Tommy it's the end of the line
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: ↑Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:01 pm Lenners needs to grow a pair and tell Tommy it's the end of the line
I wish you would stop calling him that! Show a bit of respect & say Mr Lenegan please 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: ↑Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:03 pm
medlocke wrote: ↑Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:01 pm Lenners needs to grow a pair and tell Tommy it's the end of the line
I wish you would stop calling him that! Show a bit of respect & say Mr Lenegan please 😊
Yet fans call players by nicknames, shouldn't they show a bit of respect as well 😊
moto748

Post by moto748 »

There are worse predicaments.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: ↑Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:05 pm
Yet fans call players by nicknames, shouldn't they show a bit of respect as well 😊
But the word you are using is not a nickname! It really is a slur on the person. There is a big difference!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: ↑Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:30 pm

But the word you are using is not a nickname! It really is a slur on the person. There is a big difference!
Why isn't it a nickname, has it been disallowed by the nickname police?

Was it a slur to call Keith Chegwin Cheggers?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: ↑Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:44 pm

I am just saying that he is the chairman/owner of our club, like him or not he deserves some respect instead of the childish nickname you made up for him!
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I did post earlier in the season that I'd like to see a combination of Field and Cust at 6 and 7 respectively and French at 1!

That said, with Hardaker and Bibby going, O'Neill starting to develop, Powell signing an extension and others posting that Leuluai is going around again, where do we go?

Harry Smith is growing in confidence, as no signings in the back line are confirmed, presumably our back line for 2023 will consist of Field 1, French 2/5, Cust 6, Leuluai 7? This isn't my desired line and obviously it depends on who arrives and if Tommy stays or retires!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: ↑Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:56 pm
medlocke wrote: ↑Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:44 pm

I am just saying that he is the chairman/owner of our club, like him or not he deserves some respect instead of the childish nickname you made up for him!
Why is it childish?, I know many Wigan fans that call him Lenners, I don't find it childish or disrespectful at all