Predicament

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
saint

Re: Predicament

Post by saint »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:36 pm
NICKYKISS wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:30 pm Injuries, suspensions and losses of form are common place, so to have plenty of options and plenty of versatility is very handy. What we need to do is ensure competition is driven and top class performances are rewarded. If that means a high profile player misses a run of games, then so be it. You look at Custs injury and there’s nothing he can do about that but it shouldn’t be easy for him to get back in and he may have to bide his time. You then get a player who comes back in eventually and is absolutely desperate to do well.

The options we have are absolutely outstanding. It’s building nicely towards that magic fixture in 2 weeks. Saints will come at us at 100mph after the semi but I still think the games bigger for us. To beat them in a one off game is great but to do them back to back would really lay a marker down and it could be a huge turning point in the rivalry between us.
It would really put a dent in their confidence IMO when we beat them at Magic 😂
saint

Post by saint »

NICKYKISS wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:30 pm Injuries, suspensions and losses of form are common place, so to have plenty of options and plenty of versatility is very handy. What we need to do is ensure competition is driven and top class performances are rewarded. If that means a high profile player misses a run of games, then so be it. You look at Custs injury and there’s nothing he can do about that but it shouldn’t be easy for him to get back in and he may have to bide his time. You then get a player who comes back in eventually and is absolutely desperate to do well.

The options we have are absolutely outstanding. It’s building nicely towards that magic fixture in 2 weeks. Saints will come at us at 100mph after the semi but I still think the games bigger for us. To beat them in a one off game is great but to do them back to back would really lay a marker down and it could be a huge turning point in the rivalry between us.
Bang on !

It is going to be an important game to see where we are both at !

We need to win one of our next two (Cats / Hudds , and we need to beat you to really secure the league leaders but more than that , we need to put a marker down after the semi !

From what I have seen this year only you and Hudds have improved , we are not as affective as we were last year in attack ,Cats regressed and the rest are what you would expect .

The table don’t lie but , I think cats are still
Our closest rival , they have quality and the resources to beat us and you on their day ! I am more than confident that at the moment we would beat you 4 out of 5 times .

I am concerned however with our issues in our spine . Hopoate has only managed 80mins this season so I see Bennison being our full back . A quality looking player but young and inexperienced .

Our halves have had plenty of time to bed in and get organised . I’m more than confident with Welsby and Lomax .

Magic is gonna be a big game for both , one that neither want to lose for a multitude of reasons . If nothing else , it’s great to see this level of rivalry back !

I’m still going to stick to my previous assumption that all things being equal , we are 20 points better than you , saints by 20 !

( looking forward to this one already)
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Saints this year remind me of a Brian Noble team. Start the season like a train and then try and hang on towards the end. The Saints defence against Leeds was pretty rocky and a better team would have taken advantage of it.
And Welsby may be the Messiah but I'm still not convinced he's a half-back. Full-back certainly but keep on playing him in the halves against us.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Amussing Watched Wigan saints derbys for 60 years and level of rivalry between the 2 never been any different don't know why you say good to see it back.

Golden boy in halfbacks. Keep him there please.

And has for you being 20 points better than us at moment. Sorry your seriously blinkered with your dislike of wigan. Saying players like field/french or overrated you have a team full of them.
I don't mind your posts on here but beginning to unable to take your post seriously with your biased views.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

saint wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:39 am If I was in your predicament I’d be saying get shut of French no question .

He ain’t no winger and he is a liability .

If you need a winger go and source one , don’t try and fit a triangle in a square hole.

My father in law was at your game and he mentioned French bombed a few try’s ( I haven’t seen any footage) but he too is starting to see the light around French . I’ve said it from the off . He ain’t as good as he is made out to be and now he is out of position he is arguable dead wood ! You need to be ruthless in building !
Fair comment saint your entitled to your opinion but he puts bums on seats…… personally i think welsby is vastly overatted but that might just be me
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

saint wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:18 am

Bang on !

We need to win one of our next two (Cats / Hudds , and we need to beat you to really secure the league leaders but more than that , we need to put a marker down after the semi !

From what I have seen this year only you and Hudds have improved , we are not as affective as we were last year in attack ,Cats regressed and the rest are what you would expect .

Our closest rival , they have quality and the resources to beat us and you on their day ! I am more than confident that at the moment we would beat you 4 out of 5 times .

I am concerned however with our issues in our spine . Hopoate has only managed 80mins this season so I see Bennison being our full back . A quality looking player but young and inexperienced .

Our halves have had plenty of time to bed in and get organised . I’m more than confident with Welsby and Lomax .

Magic is gonna be a big game for both , one that neither want to lose for a multitude of reasons . If nothing else , it’s great to see this level of rivalry back !

I’m still going to stick to my previous assumption that all things being equal , we are 20 points better than you , saints by 20 !

I'll take that bet, how much?
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

saint wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:39 am If I was in your predicament I’d be saying get shut of French no question .

If you need a winger go and source one , don’t try and fit a triangle in a square hole.

My father in law was at your game and he mentioned French bombed a few try’s ( I haven’t seen any footage) but he too is starting to see the light around French . I’ve said it from the off . He ain’t as good as he is made out to be and now he is out of position he is arguable dead wood ! You need to be ruthless in building !
Pretty sure this is the daftest post I've seen in some time. Is this the same 'liability' and 'dead wood' that shot down the wing in the semi to set up a try (albeit a few plays later) and was instrumental in Field's try in the Final - but guess you've erased those from your memory!!
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Bang on !

Thanks coach, now get back over the hill to plastic scouseland!👍
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

:lol:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Wandering Warrior wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:38 am

Bang on !

Thanks coach, now get back over the hill to plastic scouseland!👍
Fair play Saint - think I agree with you there. We’re getting better and this closer rivalry is just what our league needs!