Nicholson joins Warrington

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Nicholson joins Warrington

Post by josie andrews »

w.thomas wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:35 pm A shame to lose the lad he looked like a real talent. Hope for his sake he’s made the right decision. Hasn’t worked out for players in the past, what’s Sammy kibula up to these days? 👀
That’s what I said earlier.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Perhaps Wire pay their juniors more money? We have plenty more lads coming through the system we just need to tie down the good ones.

One for Meds, Jack Hughes is now available 😀
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:48 pm Perhaps Wire pay their juniors more money? We have plenty more lads coming through the system we just need to tie down the good ones.

I like Jack Hughes, still friends with him from his academy days here.

Pity he was pushed from being an excellent second rower into a centre, which I told him would happen when George Carmont left, he replied ‘I’m too slow to play centre!” But they still put him there & that ruined him at Wigan. The fans gave him abuse & he left & went to Huddersfield, then Warrington. Sounds very much like KPP!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

josie andrews wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:07 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:48 pm Perhaps Wire pay their juniors more money? We have plenty more lads coming through the system we just need to tie down the good ones.

I like Jack Hughes, still friends with him from his academy days here.

Pity he was pushed from being an excellent second rower into a centre, which I told him would happen when George Carmont left, he replied ‘I’m too slow to play centre!” But they still put him there & that ruined him at Wigan. The fans gave him abuse & he left & went to Huddersfield, then Warrington. Sounds very much like KPP!
I know Jack and his family well. Top bloke.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Not really bothered anymore
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I always liked J'Accuse and thought he was messed about like Lee Gilmour because he was talented enough to fill in gaps where needed and couldn't therefore nail down a permanent position.
That being said, maybe too far down the line to bring him back.
Shame about Nicholson but looking at Matty Peet's statement, it seems as if the player decided that he had more chance at Wire.
He'll need some luck with Daryl Powell's chaotic running of the team.
benjamaphone

Post by benjamaphone »

Southern Softy wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:31 am I always liked J'Accuse
Glad it's not just me that hears his name like that :lol:
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

benjamaphone wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:29 pm
Southern Softy wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:31 am I always liked J'Accuse
Glad it's not just me that hears his name like that :lol:
Quality! :lol:
Charriots Offiah

Back to Nicholson. Perhaps it is a wake up call for Wigan. Rather than relying on loyalty, we need to get players to sign on the dotted line.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:55 pm Back to Nicholson. Perhaps it is a wake up call for Wigan. Rather than relying on loyalty, we need to get players to sign on the dotted line.
As the saying goes you can't keep em all,sadly it's not pokemon I suppose we fans have to trust the coaching staff to get the calls right, I'll say this though and it's not a go at the lad the club did the right thing letting him go immediately no point in him hanging round if hes off to pastures new.