Hull KR fixture change

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Hull KR fixture change

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors’ Round 21 home fixture against Hull KR has been moved.

The Cherry and Whites will now welcome the Robins to the DW Stadium on Sunday 31st July (3pm K.O.) – two days later than originally scheduled.

The move gives the Club the opportunity to create a family day atmosphere around the new-look Fan Village ahead of a Sunday afternoon kick off.

We can also confirm that the Round 11 Academy fixture between Wigan and Huddersfield – which was due to be played on Saturday 30th July – will now be played as a curtain raiser at Robin Park Arena on Sunday 31st at 12pm.

All Wigan fans who have tickets for the first team game can watch the Academy game for free.

Hull of a ticket

A ‘buy one get one half price’ offer is available for Wigan’s next two home games at the DW Stadium! The Warriors host both Hull teams and you can get one Hull of a ticket!

Buy your Hull FC ticket today and get your ticket for Hull KR at half price on all age categories in either of the three home stands inside the DW!

To qualify for the offer, tickets must be purchased at the same time and by calling the DW Stadium Ticket Office on 01942 311111 only.

Please note that hospitality tickets do not count as part of the offer.

If you wish to buy tickets just for the Hull FC fixture, click HERE for the details. For the Hull KR ticket details, click HERE.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/06/ ... re-change/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Re: Hull KR fixture change

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Coincidental then that Latics play at the DW on the 30th?
Didn’t take long for fixture changes. But on the flip, hopefully we get a decent crowd on a Sunday afternoon.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

ManxWarrior wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:23 pm Coincidental then that Latics play at the DW on the 30th?
Didn’t take long for fixture changes. But on the flip, hopefully we get a decent crowd on a Sunday afternoon.
Unfortunately, it affects the corporate side of things.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:03 pm
ManxWarrior wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:23 pm Coincidental then that Latics play at the DW on the 30th?
Unfortunately, it affects the corporate side of things.
That’s very true sadly !
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

A Sunday fixture is a splendid treat (rather than Thursday or Friday nights)! :D

As for the Latics, hopefully get relegated straight back to League One!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wife working so she can’t go,bit of a bugger that.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

I'm taking my 9 year old granddaughter to her first match at Wakefield on Sunday. She's dead keen to go, having watched for Dad and Grandad on telly at the cup final.

The change for the Hull KR game gives us the chance to take her to her first home match, depending how keen she is after Wakey.

Incidentally, her dad remembered that the first home match he went to, aged 4 or 5 (in 1981 or 82), I bought him a stick of coltsfoot rock from a shop at Scholes. I told him that I used to get one when I went to Central Park as a kid, and it lasted most of the match.

We've managed to get some from a stall on Morley market so she can extend the tradition to the 3rd generation!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
benjamaphone

Post by benjamaphone »

morley pie eater wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:06 pm I'm taking my 9 year old granddaughter to her first match at Wakefield on Sunday. She's dead keen to go, having watched for Dad and Grandad on telly at the cup final.

The change for the Hull KR game gives us the chance to take her to her first home match, depending how keen she is after Wakey.

Incidentally, her dad remembered that the first home match he went to, aged 4 or 5 (in 1981 or 82), I bought him a stick of coltsfoot rock from a shop at Scholes. I told him that I used to get one when I went to Central Park as a kid, and it lasted most of the match.

We've managed to get some from a stall on Morley market so she can extend the tradition to the 3rd generation!
Love this ❤️ Hope she has a great time at Wakey!
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

benjamaphone wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:39 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:06 pm I'm taking my 9 year old granddaughter to her first match at Wakefield on Sunday. She's dead keen to go, having watched for Dad and Grandad on telly at the cup final.

Love this ❤️ Hope she has a great time at Wakey!
Thanks
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
adam0026

Post by adam0026 »

Winner for me
Last edited by adam0026 on Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.