Strongest Squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Strongest Squad

Post by josie andrews »

WarriorRoss11 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:12 pm Is it only me that much prefers Bevan at fullback to Field? I feel like French offers much more all round and Jai is very comfortable in the halves atm. I wouldn’t be in a rush to bring cust back personally
No, I prefer Bevan at FB but would like to see both him & field interchanging with the wing position through the game 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:10 pm
Why change him from left centre when that’s where he’s been playing? Jake Bibby is better at right & his preferred position.
Sunday was KPPs first game for Wigan at left centre. He played right centre every game at the start his this year until injury.

Jake Bibby has never played right centre for Wigan (played a lot of right wing in 2020/21), he is much more comfortable on the left where he’s played all this season and played there for Salford too.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I love them both as attacking fullbacks but jai gets the nod in defence and under the high ball
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

I'd go for French at full back

Isn't this great to have two such talented players

These two have been amazingly good for Wigan and I dont think the club realised what we were getting when we signed them or maybe I'm not being fair to the club!

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The Pearl1 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:28 am
Why change him from left centre when that’s where he’s been playing? Jake Bibby is better at right & his preferred position.
Sunday was KPPs first game for Wigan at left centre. He played right centre every game at the start his this year until injury.

Jake Bibby has never played right centre for Wigan (played a lot of right wing in 2020/21), he is much more comfortable on the left where he’s played all this season and played there for Salford too.
When I spoke to Jake Bibby yesterday he said he prefers the right wing! So who do I believe? You or Jake?
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:52 am

When I spoke to Jake Bibby yesterday he said he prefers the right wing! So who do I believe? You or Jake?
Wing so not centre?

I’m just stating facts.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The Pearl1 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:58 am
josie andrews wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:52 am

Wing so not centre?

I’m just stating facts.
No just to play on the right, I added wing.

Just leave it there!!
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Hurrell plays right centre for Saints so maybe they were looking how KPP could play in opposition i.e. a big athlete.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

The strongest squad might just be the one where Tom Davies returns to us from Cats now that Johnstone has signed for them.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Southern Softy wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:40 pm The strongest squad might just be the one where Tom Davies returns to us from Cats now that Johnstone has signed for them.
I'd assumed it would be Yaha whose place would be under threat - when Johnstone isn't injured :D
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐