Cooper Joins immediately

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
CheshireWarrior

Re: Cooper Joins immediately

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Regarding Warrington Wolves, the subject which infuriates me, is their blatant and transparent abuse of the salary cap. I'm not a business man, RFL/SL official or accountant, but in my humble opinion, its very suspect indeed!

Warrington fans always throw at me that we where the only professional team in the early 90s hence our success. Reality is, someone and a club needed to have the vision and foresight and fortunately it was us. The whole idea of SL (or my understanding at least), is that the code is both more professional and diverse. I dare say Salford might have pushed it when Koukash was there, but Wire, it seems to happen year in and year out!

As for Daryl Powell, like to see all English coaches prosper, seems the odd one or two Yorkshiremen can be quite bitter have a chip on their shoulders at times :lol:
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

Leeds Rhinos away, Hull KR at home, then Warrington Wolves at home. Can’t wait for that as Mr. Cooper may be bedded in for that one. It can’t do anything but help the way he’s left them as well.
We have the history Sentelins wish they had
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:01 pm Im hoping that Coops is coming with a bit of a chip on his shoulder and a point to prove
I'm hoping he is coming to win a GF ring :D
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:51 pm Warrington boss Daryl Powell wanted rid of Cooper early with the Wolves contacting Wigan about a potential early move.

There had been inklings earlier in the season that the pair did not see eye to eye

Nasty, nasty man 🤬

I don’t hate Castleford half as much now he’s left, quite like Lee Radford.

Poor Wolves though 🤨
I'm glad you kept your comment clean Josie, I bet it was difficult though? :lol:
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:53 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:51 pm Warrington boss Daryl Powell wanted rid of Cooper early with the Wolves contacting Wigan about a potential early move.

There had been inklings earlier in the season that the pair did not see eye to eye

Nasty, nasty man 🤬

I don’t hate Castleford half as much now he’s left, quite like Lee Radford.

Poor Wolves though 🤨
I'm glad you kept your comment clean Josie, I bet it was difficult though? :lol:
Cooper is going up a level now despite the the thoughts down the A49.
Powell's bitterness will be his undoing as will be proved.
If indeed they've been fiddling the cap as has been rumoured has it done them any good even before the Yorkshire Pudding arrived?
Let's just get on with taking care of business and see who finishes up smiling?
Welcome Mike Cooper, a player I've long admired and for a couple of seasons he'll be in with a shout of some pots!!👍
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I’m well happy cooper has joined now.
Wolves loss is our gain.
His wealth of experience will be great in our pack and for our younger players
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Welcome to Mike Cooper - a good, and potentially great, signing. I hope he does 2 more seasons after this (his 36th birthday is in Sept 2024).

Any predictions as to how his signing affects our big props/middles? My guess would be that Singleton, Ellis, Byrne, Cooper, Havard, Smithies would be first choices when all are fit.

Mago still has some question marks re consistency/reliability and maybe minutes played? Partington possibly has limited time to earn his place - he'll be 24 in a couple of months so no longer in the "young lad coming through" category.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:36 am Welcome to Mike Cooper - a good, and potentially great, signing. I hope he does 2 more seasons after this (his 36th birthday is in Sept 2024).

Any predictions as to how his signing affects our big props/middles? My guess would be that Singleton, Ellis, Byrne, Cooper, Havard, Smithies would be first choices when all are fit.

Mago still has some question marks re consistency/reliability and maybe minutes played? Partington possibly has limited time to earn his place - he'll be 24 in a couple of months so no longer in the "young lad coming through" category.
I’d have Cooper ahead of singleton fit or not.
Maybe ahead of Byrne as well based on his experience.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Barney841 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:29 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:36 am Welcome to Mike Cooper - a good, and potentially great, signing. I hope he does 2 more seasons after this (his 36th birthday is in Sept 2024).

Before Byrne is a big call barney. Think he's been outstanding this season.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:40 pm
Barney841 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:29 pm

Before Byrne is a big call barney. Think he's been outstanding this season.
I know. I just think Cooper is that little bit quicker off the mark and stronger.
I do agree that Byrne has improved but I just think Coopwr offers that little bit more