Women welcome Biville

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Women welcome Biville

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors Women are pleased to announce that French International Lauréane Biville has joined the Club.

Biville will be with the Club until the end of the season and is available for selection immediately.

Biville: “It was a good deal for me to develop my skills and keep a certain intensity until October.”

Wigan Warriors Women are pleased to announce that 23-year old French International Lauréane Biville has joined the Club for the remainder of the 2022 season.

Biville, who can play Centre and Second Row, comes with a wealth of experience from over 10-years of playing the sport. She has played in both France and Australia, and now ventures to the UK in her latest opportunity in the sport.

She represented Easts Tigers from 2018 – 2020 before heading home to France during the Covid-19 pandemic. She also spent time in the Women’s NRL with Gold Coast Titans, as well as representing New Zealand Warriors in a Women’s NRL Nines tournament.

Living in Carcassonne, Biville has been playing her trade at RC Lescure-Arthes XIII most recently and now makes the switch to the Warriors for the second half of the Betfred Women’s Super League season.

The opportunity also gives her the chance to prepare for the upcoming Rugby League World Cup where she will represent France. Her international debut came at the age of 17, six years ago and she was also named Player of the Match in France’s recent loss to England in their mid-season International.

Speaking on her arrival, Biville said: “The coach [Kris Ratcliffe] asked me months ago to come and play here. As we [France] have the World Cup soon and our summer break, it was a good deal for me to develop my skills and keep a certain intensity until October.

“I want to try to play a little bit and see if I can bring something to the team and learn alongside them all. It’s also a good opportunity for me to open doors to our federation and next generations and show them that if we send French girls to play and develop their rugby, it will at least help to involve our level in France, like men have been doing for years now.”

She added: “We [France] won’t have lots of games before the World Cup, and we will play against big Nations, so playing in a higher level in Betfred Women’s Super League will definitely help me to get ready for it!”

See the Warriors Women in action this Thursday as they take on Leeds Rhinos in a double-header at Headingley Stadium before the Men’s teams. Tickets include entry to both games and all the information can be found HERE.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/07/ ... e-biville/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan