Player of the Season Award 2022

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Player of the Season Award

Post by josie andrews »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:43 pm Thanks Josie, and thanks for the interesting and well-written summary - better than a lot of journalists, and you could certainly teach a few lessons to some who write on the club's site!
Thank you Morley 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Forever Warrior

Post by Forever Warrior »

A great summary, Josie and a result nobody could really argue with. Thanks for organising the poll again.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

You have put a lot of time and effort into this and I thank you for it.
Things like this are a pleasure to support. I'm sure the boys will appreciate your kindness. Enjoy presenting the awards.
WW

Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Thanks for organising the poll - and for me, it's the perfect outcome.

In terms of future polls, I really like the idea of a Forward of the Year award as those guys deliver the hard yards to give a platform for the backs to shine and don't often get the accolades that they deserve.
Welski

Post by Welski »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:16 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:43 pm Thanks Josie, and thanks for the interesting and well-written summary - better than a lot of journalists, and you could certainly teach a few lessons to some who write on the club's site!
Thank you Morley 😊
I agree and echo sentiments for the effort you’ve put in. I can’t believe I’ve missed this, sorry Josie but I don’t really look at topics in the top section🤦🏼. (What an idiot)

Too late now but I would have voted for Jai Field. He just shades it for me over French although ask me tomorrow and I’d probably say the other way. He was truly exceptional in the early season and is the catalyst for the team going forward and some of his last ditch tackles have been memorable. Let’s hope the SYLT are still together next year!
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Welski wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:20 am
Thank you Morley 😊
I agree and echo sentiments for the effort you’ve put in. I can’t believe I’ve missed this, sorry Josie but I don’t really look at topics in the top section🤦🏼. (What an idiot)

Too late now but I would have voted for Jai Field. He just shades it for me over French although ask me tomorrow and I’d probably say the other way. He was truly exceptional in the early season and is the catalyst for the team going forward and some of his last ditch tackles have been memorable. Let’s hope the SYLT are still together next year!
I wished you’d have seen it earlier too, it would have me buying two & getting them engraved.😂

Not to worry. The reason it was put at the top was so it wouldn’t have got lost in the forum 😊
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Welski

Post by Welski »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:18 pm

Thank you Morley 😊

I wished you’d have seen it earlier too, it would have me buying two & getting them engraved.😂

Not to worry. The reason it was put at the top was so it wouldn’t have got lost in the forum 😊
Haha sorry! In truth they both deserve it!

Totally my ineptitude
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Welski wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:06 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:18 pm

Haha sorry! In truth they both deserve it!

Totally my ineptitude
Yes they both deserve an award. I’m going for them tomorrow 😊

Next time 👍🏼
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

https://share.icloud.com/photos/082EC8Z ... tfppAr6G2Q

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0ddWApl ... MSN1H4l-cg

These are the awards I’ve had engraved for Bevan & Jai

Hope you like them 😊

PS if you click on the link then the small photo it should become more clearer.
I’ve no idea how to post pictures on this site anymore, just hope it works for everyone. 😊
pieeater

Post by pieeater »

They are lovely trophies Josie and very good of you to go to all the trouble. Well deserved by Bevan and Jai. 👏👏
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐