Player of the Season Award 2022

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Player of the Season Award

Post by josie andrews »

Only one week to go people.

Make sure you get your votes in by the weekend please 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

Liam Marshall Josie x
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Voting ends tomorrow Sunday 4th September.

Your vote must be in by tomorrow at 6pm when the voting will close.

Thank you
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Any further votes?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The vote has finished & the votes have been counted.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to vote 😊

The total number of votes was 60 in total! 62 if you count the 2 repeated votes 😉😉

Good job I kept a record of who voted for who 😊

We had 6 players who shared the votes & were the ones we all thought stood out all season.

Farrell, Smithies, Marshall, Smith French & Field.

I thought another couple of players ought to have been in the mix as they are also much improved young players, Liam Byrne & Brad O’Neill, both have had an exceptional year.

I hope you are happy with the overall winner.

🥁 roll

In 3rd Place was Harry Smith. An outstanding & a very much improved player over the last year. He had the talent, as seen in his academy days, he just needed someone like Lee Briers to convince him & give him the confidence to play his game. Harry was continually practising his skills, goal & game management kicking. He has rightly been voted as Young Player of the Year by his peers & coaching staff & surely must be pushing for a call up to the England squad for the World Cup. A lot of pundits & newspaper reporters alike have all said the same. Let’s hope Waney agrees & promotes him from the Knights 😊
Well done Harry 👏🏼👏🏼

Perhaps next time we can have a vote for Young Player of the Year as well as Forward of the Year! Let me know your thoughts on this as I’m sure you would all have been struggling to pick just one player as the best all season.

It was neck & neck for 1st & 2nd place. That’s why I kept asking you all to vote for your favourite player who you thought was your Player of the Year. It was a case of swings & roundabouts throughout the voting period.

We have joint winners for Player of the Year, and it comes as no surprise to anyone that the winners are….
Congratulations to both Jai Field & Bevan French 👏🏼👏🏼

It was a one horse race up to the death when one poster changed it to both having the same amount of votes each.

I will get two trophy’s engraved & will present them to the players at the Riversiders Awards Lunch after the semi final game.

Thank you all again for taking the time to vote.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Well I’m assuming you’re all happy with the result as not had one comment!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Thanks for organising josie!

I couldn't pick between these two really, Jai edged it in the first half of the season and Bevan later on. I went for Bevan in the end, but I'm happy with a joint winner!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Thanks Josie, and thanks for the interesting and well-written summary - better than a lot of journalists, and you could certainly teach a few lessons to some who write on the club's site!
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Wew were spoilt for choice this year, Josie. Four or five players had good enough seasons to be realistic candidates.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:57 pm Thanks for organising josie!

I couldn't pick between these two really, Jai edged it in the first half of the season and Bevan later on. I went for Bevan in the end, but I'm happy with a joint winner!
You’re welcome, I’ve chosen two identical trophy’s & I'm just waiting to get them engraved.