Whelan’s Bar

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Whelan’s Bar

Post by Charriots Offiah »

For all of you heading to the match tomorrow don’t forget that the Warriors don’t get a penny for any sales in Whelan’s Bar, if you want to support the club goto the fan zone at Robin Park.
josie andrews

Re: Whelan’s Bar

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:06 am For all of you heading to the match tomorrow don’t forget that the Warriors don’t get a penny for any sales in Whelan’s Bar, if you want to support the club goto the fan zone at Robin Park.
Exactly! The only thing about the fans zone is it’s very noisy for owd codgers like me 🥴
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
adam0026

Post by adam0026 »

The fan zone is a brilliant idea.
No other concept comes close to robin park
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

adam0026 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:04 pm The fan zone is a brilliant idea.
No other concept comes close to robin park
It is brilliant 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Don’t forget give Whelan’s a wide berth and go to the Fan Zone. The Tics won’t even allow us to use the venue for corporate hospitality, how pathetic is that?
Blaze Meister

Post by Blaze Meister »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:38 pm Don’t forget give Whelan’s a wide berth and go to the Fan Zone. The Tics won’t even allow us to use the venue for corporate hospitality, how pathetic is that?
What do you expect them to do? 🤔

Boycotting the Stadium Facilities in favour of your "fanzone" at Robin Park probably wasn't your wisest move... 🥴🤦
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I wouldnt even fart near that bar
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Blaze Meister wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:01 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:38 pm Don’t forget give Whelan’s a wide berth and go to the Fan Zone. The Tics won’t even allow us to use the venue for corporate hospitality, how pathetic is that?

Boycotting the Stadium Facilities in favour of your "fanzone" at Robin Park probably wasn't your wisest move... 🥴🤦
I believe the stadium contract gives the club no benefit from using the stadium facilities whatsoever. I think the FanZone is a reaction to that contract, rather than a "boycott" causing the contractual situation.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Why?
Charriots Offiah

Mike wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:19 pm

I believe the stadium contract gives the club no benefit from using the stadium facilities whatsoever. I think the FanZone is a reaction to that contract, rather than a "boycott" causing the contractual situation.
Correct Mike, the owners are cutting their nose off to spite their face. By the way, Latics are up for sale.