Whelan’s Bar

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Whelan’s Bar

Post by moto748 »

I believe the stadium contract gives the club no benefit from using the stadium facilities whatsoever. I think the FanZone is a reaction to that contract, rather than a "boycott" causing the contractual situation.

I think that was put very politely! :D
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Blaze Meister wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:01 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:38 pm Don’t forget give Whelan’s a wide berth and go to the Fan Zone. The Tics won’t even allow us to use the venue for corporate hospitality, how pathetic is that?
What do you expect them to do? 🤔

Boycotting the Stadium Facilities in favour of your "fanzone" at Robin Park probably wasn't your wisest move... 🥴🤦
I expect them to behave in a way that benefits the people of our great town and not act in a petulant manner. How do you expect them to behave?
Blaze Meister

Post by Blaze Meister »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:56 am
Mike wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:19 pm

Boycotting the Stadium Facilities in favour of your "fanzone" at Robin Park probably wasn't your wisest move... 🥴🤦
I believe the stadium contract gives the club no benefit from using the stadium facilities whatsoever. I think the FanZone is a reaction to that contract, rather than a "boycott" causing the contractual situation.
Correct Mike, the owners are cutting their nose off to spite their face. By the way, Latics are up for sale.
Oooooooh...Is that the sweet aroma of BITTER lemons I can smell...? 🤔🤣👍
Blaze Meister

Post by Blaze Meister »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:00 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:38 pm Don’t forget give Whelan’s a wide berth and go to the Fan Zone. The Tics won’t even allow us to use the venue for corporate hospitality, how pathetic is that?

I expect them to behave in a way that benefits the people of our great town and not act in a petulant manner. How do you expect them to behave?
Like the owners of the Stadium... 👍

After the stunt Eric Pollard pulled when we was in admin, any future favours are OFF the table...
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Blaze Meister wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:49 am

After the stunt Eric Pollard pulled when we was in admin, any future favours are OFF the table...
:lol: :lol: I didn't realise a bitter fan spoke for the current owner :lol: :lol:

Love it, IL trys to buy the stadium as any business man with a vested interest in it would and the bitter few feel they were hard done by.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Charriots Offiah

Blaze Meister wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:47 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:56 am
Mike wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:19 pm

Correct Mike, the owners are cutting their nose off to spite their face. By the way, Latics are up for sale.
Oooooooh...Is that the sweet aroma of BITTER lemons I can smell...? 🤔🤣👍
No, there just the facts.
Charriots Offiah

Blaze Meister wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:49 am

Funny way to run a business, if you don’t want to maximise your income. What stunt was that? By the way it is ‘we were’ not ‘we was’!
Charriots Offiah

moto748 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:57 am I believe the stadium contract gives the club no benefit from using the stadium facilities whatsoever. I think the FanZone is a reaction to that contract, rather than a "boycott" causing the contractual situation.

We get money from corporate hospitality but not from the bar sales.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:31 pm
moto748 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:57 am I believe the stadium contract gives the club no benefit from using the stadium facilities whatsoever. I think the FanZone is a reaction to that contract, rather than a "boycott" causing the contractual situation.

Yes, and every time our games are moved for either Sky or Latics we must lose a substantial amount of Corporate sales & business!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

josie andrews wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:13 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:31 pm

Yes, and every time our games are moved for either Sky or Latics we must lose a substantial amount of Corporate sales & business!
Even more reason to visit Robin Park. RL supporters need to vote with their feet.