Briers leaves for Brisbane end of this season

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Briers leaves for Brisbane end of this season

Post by medlocke »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:25 am Tommy is nailed on to walk into the job - just like lockers before him and Powell will after him
Your not wrong there, Jobs for the boys is alive and well at the club still.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:59 am The club obviously showing compassion in the sense they’ve allowed him to leave his contract early.

However just goes to show contracts not worth as much at Wigan and will never really work in the clubs favour.

Huge loss and hopefully the impact isn’t as bad as when we lost Deacon.
I fear it could be worse Nathan, really hope I'm wrong
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:25 am Tommy is nailed on to walk into the job - just like lockers before him and Powell will after him
Tommy signed on the premise that he was going to move into the coaching set up once he finished playing, whether he moves straight to first team or not remains to be seen but I would expect him to just given his experience
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

WarriorWinger wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:27 pm
Tommy signed on the premise that he was going to move into the coaching set up once he finished playing, whether he moves straight to first team or not remains to be seen but I would expect him to just given his experience
He’s been coaching at Wigan for a while.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Better keep his hands off French 🤣
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

No straw damn us wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:25 am Briers has wanted to try his hand out in Aus for quite a few years and now the opportunity has arisen. No drama that's fact, good luck to him. He wasn't going to get the main job at Wigan for a few years at least. Thank you and move on.

Which juniors apart from Nicholson have we let go? And he was with his Wigan mates on Saturday watching Wigan reserves!!!
Rushton, McDonell in quick order. We couldn’t entice Williams back. Like I said we can’t pay or won’t pay. It’s irrelevant that Nicholson was stood with his mates, he should have been stood with his teammates.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:37 am
I fear you're right
I not sure about Powell, although I have seen him at academy games, but both Lockers & Leuluai have done whatever it is they do for their coaching badges.

Don’t how far Tommy has gone, but O’Loughlin served & completed everything needed to become a coach. Now it’s just experience.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:38 pm
No straw damn us wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:25 am Briers has wanted to try his hand out in Aus for quite a few years and now the opportunity has arisen. No drama that's fact, good luck to him. He wasn't going to get the main job at Wigan for a few years at least. Thank you and move on.

Which juniors apart from Nicholson have we let go? And he was with his Wigan mates on Saturday watching Wigan reserves!!!
Rushton, McDonell in quick order. We couldn’t entice Williams back. Like I said we can’t pay or won’t pay. It’s irrelevant that Nicholson was stood with his mates, he should have been stood with his teammates.
We apparently offered him the biggest contract Wigan had ever given out...

He chose more money at Warrington.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:40 pm
I fear you're right
I not sure about Powell, although I have seen him at academy games, but both Lockers & Leuluai have done whatever it is they do for their coaching badges.

Don’t how far Tommy has gone, but O’Loughlin served & completed everything needed to become a coach. Now it’s just experience.
Oh I agree with Lockers he's done the work and put the hours in and I don't know about yiu but the style of play wigan use with Peet is similar to his time when he ran the youth set up but you can't,for my money at least beat a fresh pair of eyes coming in a d adding to the set up,to often wigan look inward when they should be looking elsewhere to me at least this is one of those times.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:07 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:40 pm

I fear you're right

Oh I agree with Lockers he's done the work and put the hours in and I don't know about yiu but the style of play wigan use with Peet is similar to his time when he ran the youth set up but you can't,for my money at least beat a fresh pair of eyes coming in a d adding to the set up,to often wigan look inward when they should be looking elsewhere to me at least this is one of those times.
I do agree with you there. Everything needs a refresh every so often 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan