Briers leaves for Brisbane end of this season

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Re: Briers leaves for Brisbane end of this season

Post by morley pie eater »

I really do believe that some of the posters on here are part of an underlying problem at Wigan - an ageing spectator base, failure to attract younger supporters etc.

What a miserable bunch! Whatever happens, it's always seen in negative terms. The atmosphere at matches reflects this same attitude - for example, Hull fans from 110 or 120 miles away manage to make more noise than the home supporters, despite being outnumbered by about 10 to 1. I wouldn't be surprised if this is because half of the season ticket holders ("I've been coming since 19__") are too busy complaining about team selection, or the ref, or the price of pies or whatever.

While I'm on a rant, could I just mention that however many of you state something as a fact, and however many times you do it, it doesn't make it any more true (try "We all know that Powell will picked . . ." for example.)

As Michael Palin said on Life of Brian: "This is supposed to be a happy occasion . . ."
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
saint

Post by saint »

Briers was offered this position before the Wigan job - due to covid and the visa issues around covid restrictions meant he couldn’t take it up .

Look within the our ranks and you may find your future assistant 👀
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

saint wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:32 pm Briers was offered this position before the Wigan job - due to covid and the visa issues around covid restrictions meant he couldn’t take it up .

Thanks for offering him, but I'm not sure Wolf's good enough for an assistant job at a big club.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Mike wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:34 pm
saint wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:32 pm Briers was offered this position before the Wigan job - due to covid and the visa issues around covid restrictions meant he couldn’t take it up .

Thanks for offering him, but I'm not sure Wolf's good enough for an assistant job at a big club.
:lol:
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

The last time we got someone from within your ranks it nearly went tits up!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:12 pm
While I'm on a rant, could I just mention that however many of you state something as a fact, and however many times you do it, it doesn't make it any more true (try "We all know that Powell will picked . . ." for example.)

give 1 example since Mickey Mac left where Sam Powell has been fit and not picked - if you do i shall not state it as fact, if you cant it proves it is until it isn't
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

Ideally we need a replacement and I’d be consulting with Briers who he thinks should take over. He must be impressed with coaches he’s seen and with the improvement in attack I trust his judgment
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Big stick wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:07 am Ideally we need a replacement and I’d be consulting with Briers who he thinks should take over. He must be impressed with coaches he’s seen and with the improvement in attack I trust his judgment
~The replacement will be Tommy unless tommy goes round again and then it will probably stay vacant till he takes it up
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

Hopefully Tommy is spending as much time as possible with Briers
moto748

Post by moto748 »

outback wiganer wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:33 pm When the new coaching team was announced some months ago, a lot of people on this forum were very critical of the choices made by the club. Look how things have turned out. Matty Peet and Lee Briers have somehow against all the odds, put this club back in the headlines where we belong. I say good luck to him in his new venture down under. At the end of the day he is only doing what a lot of us have done in the past, myself included, and that is if an opportunity comes along that you can't turn down, then grab it by the horns. Who knows what next season brings. If Tommy gets the job then so be it. If Lockers moves up then what's the problem. Good luck Lee and thank you.
This.