Tickets Vs Saints

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
First Try Tickle

Re: Tickets Vs Saints

Post by First Try Tickle »

Does anyone know why the club says the south stand is sold out when its nowhere near full.

I know they can't allocate seats so it restricts how many people can go in, but it was half empty near me against Warrington.

I have a couple of friends that wanted to go last week, but as there were no South tickets left decided to give it a miss.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:34 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:58 am Before we buy extras, can we be SURE it’s on the Friday, or will the Pathetics block us?
To confirm, the date for this game remains as Friday 26th August.
I did read that, thanks. There was another thread which was ongoing yesterday, saying it could be moved. Hence the question.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:09 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:34 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:58 am Before we buy extras, can we be SURE it’s on the Friday, or will the Pathetics block us?
To confirm, the date for this game remains as Friday 26th August.
I did read that, thanks. There was another thread which was ongoing yesterday, saying it could be moved. Hence the question.
I’ve asked again at the club this afternoon, and they confirmed it is going ahead on the Friday.

Surely the Football club can see that when they move big games that not only are Wigan Warriors losing out, so are they!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

First Try Tickle wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:34 pm Does anyone know why the club says the south stand is sold out when its nowhere near full.

I know they can't allocate seats so it restricts how many people can go in, but it was half empty near me against Warrington.

I have a couple of friends that wanted to go last week, but as there were no South tickets left decided to give it a miss.
I've wondered this several times as well. The only thing I could suggest is they want to full the East and West more than the south
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:43 pm
First Try Tickle wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:34 pm Does anyone know why the club says the south stand is sold out when its nowhere near full.

I've wondered this several times as well. The only thing I could suggest is they want to full the East and West more than the south
Its holiday time so empty seats might mean that fans who have season tickets are away on holiday so their seats cannot be sold.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

We will go ahead on the basis the Pathetics won’t stop us then.
Playing so many home games in holiday season is one reason I hate being kicked out for so long earlier in the year.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:04 am We will go ahead on the basis the Pathetics won’t stop us then.
Playing so many home games in holiday season is one reason I hate being kicked out for so long earlier in the year.
I just hate being kicked out for 8 weeks then we have to move matches to accommodate them!

Surely they can inform the fixture makers when the Rugby is at home in the last few months of our season the beginning of theirs. Likewise I think we do similar at the end of theirs, start of ours!

Common sense is very rarely used these days IMO!! 🤨
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan