Wigan Squad for Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Wigan Squad for Wakefield

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:56 pm Maybe the Briers news having an impact?
Maybe peaked to early in the season
Maybe got both eyes on the saints game.
I said the other day the Briers news will impact wigan for a good while I suspect more than we realise
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Maybe our forwards let us down yet again. Time and time again, any team who's forwards are prepared to have a go at us we crumble.

Bob the Builder

Post by Bob the Builder »

Our forwards are too small, too weak and too poor. No go forward. You need a pack to dominate before the backs excel. Quite simple really. Msgo may be a crowd favourite but I'd be less knackered than he gets after just 5 mins.
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

Incredibly disappointing. I'd rather we'd have used this fixture to give the likes of Hill, Nsemba, Miski etc. a run out as I originally thought we might. Wakefield were always going to be massively up for this and fancying taking the points and we never really seem to go there and perform. Do we take them for granted?

Anyway, it probably won't make much difference to our league placing but seems to reflect a worrying trend in our performances.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Bob the Builder wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:25 pm Our forwards are too small, too weak and too poor. No go forward. You need a pack to dominate before the backs excel. Quite simple really. Msgo may be a crowd favourite but I'd be less knackered than he gets after just 5 mins.
I'd replace everyone but Cooper and Farrell, but that's just me
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

medlocke wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:27 pm
Bob the Builder wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:25 pm Our forwards are too small, too weak and too poor. No go forward. You need a pack to dominate before the backs excel. Quite simple really. Msgo may be a crowd favourite but I'd be less knackered than he gets after just 5 mins.
I'd replace everyone but Cooper and Farrell, but that's just me
I would not disagree with this, but it isn't going to happen. I think our forwards are poor but when they do decide to do their job and really hit hard putting their bodies on the line we hold our own at best. It really is unfortunate that they rarely do this.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:14 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:06 pm Maybe Farrel and Bateman are more important to the team than given credit.

I'm not to stressed as what can we do. When saints have as many first teamers out as we do it all we hear about.
Retype your Powell part, I accidently deleted it, still trying to get used to this moderator crack :oops:
Yeah, it’s not easy is it 😉
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:17 pm
medlocke wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:14 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:06 pm Maybe Farrel and Bateman are more important to the team than given credit.

I'm not to stressed as what can we do. When saints have as many first teamers out as we do it all we hear about.
Retype your Powell part, I accidently deleted it, still trying to get used to this moderator crack :oops:
Yeah, it’s not easy is it 😉
So far it has been, but then there's been no major blueys, It's just all the controls :D
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Didn't see the game as we were travelling up to Scotland.

Ignore usual alarmist stuff like "forwards no good". I also disagree with the Briers theory. My view is we're a "new" team in terms of personnel and challenging for honours. We play weaker teams and start to believe that we just need to turn up.

Wakey players are fighting for their livelihoods. We see Cats and Hud both lose, and conclude were comfortable in 2nd. Go in with wrong attitude, Wakey get in front and were struggling.

I'm not happy with this, and not justifying the response from professional players, but it's a learning process. It's been said before that Saints get beaten, but they don't often get out-enthused, or lose through lack of commitment. Something we need to learn - maybe Matty Peet needs to learn how to counter it too as it's been evident too often recently.

Still think we can beat Saints in GF btw.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

morley pie eater wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:15 pm Didn't see the game as we were travelling up to Scotland.

Ignore usual alarmist stuff like "forwards no good". I also disagree with the Briers theory. My view is we're a "new" team in terms of personnel and challenging for honours. We play weaker teams and start to believe that we just need to turn up.

Wakey players are fighting for their livelihoods. We see Cats and Hud both lose, and conclude were comfortable in 2nd. Go in with wrong attitude, Wakey get in front and were struggling.

I'm not happy with this, and not justifying the response from professional players, but it's a learning process. It's been said before that Saints get beaten, but they don't often get out-enthused, or lose through lack of commitment. Something we need to learn - maybe Matty Peet needs to learn how to counter it too as it's been evident too often recently.

Still think we can beat Saints in GF btw.
Good post
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE