Is Cade Cust Wigan quality or is solid good enough ???

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Big Steve

Re: Is Cade Cust Wigan quality or is solid good enough ???

Post by Big Steve »

Bibby jumping out of the line for their 1st try was very poor, and he does that an awful lot.

Cust does seem to miss more tackles than I'd like to see and often grasps for them as they run past. Possibly still elbow related but we definitely need to look at keeping our line joined up more.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

We do miss Powell defensively in games like this. Throw in Tommy and our defensive line takes on a new dimension.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Jonathon Kerr (JK) wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:47 pm We do miss Powell defensively in games like this. Throw in Tommy and our defensive line takes on a new dimension.
I'll get shot down in flames no doubt, but I genuinely believe that we miss Powell's leadership and example in games like this. Can you imagine him not getting stuck in defensively, and also rallying the troops?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
wigtop

Post by wigtop »

+1
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

morley pie eater wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:14 pm
Jonathon Kerr (JK) wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:47 pm We do miss Powell defensively in games like this. Throw in Tommy and our defensive line takes on a new dimension.
I'll get shot down in flames no doubt, but I genuinely believe that we miss Powell's leadership and example in games like this. Can you imagine him not getting stuck in defensively, and also rallying the troops?
And yet we haven't missed him in some of our biggest wins this season, there are always players available to slot in as third tackler
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

medlocke wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:32 pm
And yet we haven't missed him in some of our biggest wins this season, there are always players available to slot in as third tackler
Entertaining but repetitive. :roll:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
jobo

Post by jobo »

morley pie eater wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:31 pm

Entertaining but repetitive. :roll:
🤣🤣
pedro

Post by pedro »

but them players dont like being the first tackler
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

I'm not 100% sure with Cust yet, I'd question if he is fully recovered from the CC final injury?

At best he has been solid and competative, poor v Leeds.

On the hooker debate, as a key position we need someone better than the 9s we have available if we want to be the top team.