Think about this now....

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Bob the Builder

Think about this now....

Post by Bob the Builder »

Thanks to today's debacle. If we lose to Stains at home the away game at Hull KR becomes a must win. Mmm. And then we'd have to also beat Catalans at home to guarantee second place. Assuming Hudds continued up our chuff. We had the chance today to almost guarantee second spot but took Wakey for granted and blew it.
josie andrews

Re: Think about this now....

Post by josie andrews »

I don’t think the team underestimated Wakey at all! Wakey are fighting to stay in SL & played very good rugby today.

They just outplayed us.

They took St Helens close the other week!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Bob the Builder

Post by Bob the Builder »

And we are fighting to secure 2nd place. With the best attacking stats in Super League. Yes, they were going to come after us, but we should have been ready for it, and expecting it 🙄 Inconsistency will not win us the Grand Final (assuming we get there).
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Bob the Builder wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:16 pm And we are fighting to secure 2nd place. With the best attacking stats in Super League. Yes, they were going to come after us, but we should have been ready for it, and expecting it 🙄 Inconsistency will not win us the Grand Final (assuming we get there).
First builder I've come across that uses despair as bricks!
Your comments have been noted and thrown in the skip!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

:lol:
Wandering Warrior wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:12 pm
Bob the Builder wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:16 pm And we are fighting to secure 2nd place. With the best attacking stats in Super League. Yes, they were going to come after us, but we should have been ready for it, and expecting it 🙄 Inconsistency will not win us the Grand Final (assuming we get there).
First builder I've come across that uses despair as bricks!
Your comments have been noted and thrown in the skip!!
:cry: very drollWW :D
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

One bad game and some on here start ripping us apart.
Ok by the sounds of it we were outplayed and the performance was abit flat but to see how we’ve come has pleased me this season.
I I wasn’t sure about the appointment of Peet, proved wrong, didn’t think we’d be near the top of the table, proved wrong, didn’t think we’d be able to entertain for while as there was a lot of work to do, proved warong.
We knew Saints would be the dominant team again. we’ve beat them and took them close.
So I applaud the team and coaches for this turn around and long let it continue, and hope we improve more in the future
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Two bad away performances ina row surely?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Mike wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:01 pm Two bad away performances ina row surely?
You thought the performance against the wolves was bad?
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Will be interesting to see what happens with the semi-final scheduling. If Saints finish top that means Saints should be playing their home SF on Friday 16th September however that would mean if we finish 2nd we could be playing 12:30 the next day Channel 4. However that's not possible as Latics are at home that day.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Barney841 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:14 pm
Mike wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:01 pm Two bad away performances ina row surely?
You thought the performance against the wolves was bad?
The first 40 min was.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.