Think about this now....

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Barney841

Re: Think about this now....

Post by Barney841 »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:25 pm
Barney841 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:14 pm
Mike wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:01 pm Two bad away performances ina row surely?
You thought the performance against the wolves was bad?
The first 40 min was.
Yeah granted the first 40 wasn’t great in the wolves game.
These games we played poor last season we were losing, we’re are winning them more now which is a plus
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Barney841 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:14 pm
Mike wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:01 pm Two bad away performances ina row surely?
You thought the performance against the wolves was bad?
Wolves was at home, I was referring to Leeds - our away game before this one. Both seem to have been played with the same attitude in defence.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Bob the Builder

Post by Bob the Builder »

Wandering Warrior wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:12 pm
Bob the Builder wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:16 pm And we are fighting to secure 2nd place. With the best attacking stats in Super League. Yes, they were going to come after us, but we should have been ready for it, and expecting it 🙄 Inconsistency will not win us the Grand Final (assuming we get there).
[/quote.

First builder I've come across that uses despair as bricks!
Your comments have been noted and thrown in the skip!!
[/quote. ].
A fans forum is a medium to post random individual points of view. You may agree or disagree with some and you have a perogative to respond accordingly. But using sarcasm and derogatory comments to make your point, in my opinion is not clever and is totally unacceptable
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Bob the Builder wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:15 pm
Wandering Warrior wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:12 pm
Bob the Builder wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:16 pm And we are fighting to secure 2nd place. With the best attacking stats in Super League. Yes, they were going to come after us, but we should have been ready for it, and expecting it 🙄 Inconsistency will not win us the Grand Final (assuming we get there).
[/quote.

First builder I've come across that uses despair as bricks!
Your comments have been noted and thrown in the skip!!
[/quote. ].
A fans forum is a medium to post random individual points of view. You may agree or disagree with some and you have a perogative to respond accordingly. But using sarcasm and derogatory comments to make your point, in my opinion is not clever and is totally unacceptable
Correct
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

I like Matty Peet, and think he has done incredibly well so far. (*Meant literally.)

Our showing against Leeds, for part of the Hull KR match, and away at Wakey does concern me, and raises questions though:

• Is there a developing sense of complacency?
• Could the "cuddly" approach to players be partly responsible?

I have absolute confidence in MP, and am sure that he's aware of the problem and that he'll work out what he needs to do to resolve it. (Even if it's Fergie's "hair dryer" approach!)

Hope it's soon.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:58 pm I like Matty Peet, and think he has done incredibly well so far. (*Meant literally.)

Our showing against Leeds, for part of the Hull KR match, and away at Wakey does concern me, and raises questions though:

• Is there a developing sense of complacency?
• Could the "cuddly" approach to players be partly responsible?

I have absolute confidence in MP, and am sure that he's aware of the problem and that he'll work out what he needs to do to resolve it. (Even if it's Fergie's "hair dryer" approach!)

Hope it's soon.
You don’t need to worry MPE a number of players have already been called to his office for a dressing down.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

We lost on Sunday badly, so the players have the day off on Monday or little training. There is no training as such the day before a game. They finish around 2.30ish daily. Unless some want to do extras.

I remember when Madge came he had them training harder & longer & also had an alcohol ban leading into the playoffs. We won our first GF since 1998!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:09 pm We lost on Sunday badly, so the players have the day off on Monday or little training. There is no training as such the day before a game. They finish around 2.30ish daily. Unless some want to do extras.

I remember when Madge came he had them training harder & longer & also had an alcohol ban leading into the playoffs. We won our first GF since 1998!
Many do extras. For example, Smith was practicing his kicking with Briers well into the evening the day before the Wire game.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:09 pm We lost on Sunday badly, so the players have the day off on Monday or little training. There is no training as such the day before a game. They finish around 2.30ish daily. Unless some want to do extras.

Madge had more money to spend in real terms and had better players.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:50 am

Madge had more money to spend in real terms and had better players.
We had the same team moreorless for a few years & had the same team as 2009 where we didn’t win anything. He took training to a different level of commitment. That is what I am saying. Shaun Wane kept it up.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan